Chapter 5

AUTHORS NOTE: sorry if this chapter is a bit... well... bad I just wanted to get it up. I might do some editing of it in the near future :)
_______________________________

The next day Luna showed up to work in a yellow sundress, a few small plaits in her otherwise down hair, and some colourful patterned earrings. Draco had shaken his head at her when he'd caught sight of her yellow presence.

Today he'd come in ten minutes later, however still earlier than 8, which was when he said he worked. He obviously didn't trust her enough yet, and or he was a workaholic, probably both.

"Am I to expect that you're going to turn up in such outrageous garb every day?" Draco said looking the outfit up and down.
Luna frowned and looked down at her pretty sun dress. He was probably right. It was pretty... but also particularly bright.
"Hmmm I see what you mean." She said still looking at her clothes. "The problem is I don't have any proper work clothes, getting this job was rather sudden you know, and I'm not quite sure even if I went shopping I'd pick out something that you'd think was appropriate" Luna said looking up to Draco while explaining.
"No, I don't suppose you would" Draco said not being able to stop the amused expression and a little smirk. She was entirely barmy and ridiculous. She was all flowers and sunshine and no propriety. But somehow Draco felt it quite suited her. She was so different from any of the society Draco had ever encountered, his upbringing being very upper class, sophistication, dark clean-cut clothing and little smiling going around. Luna was like a ray of sunshine in her silly dress. It just wouldn't do, especially not for his workplace.

"Well I'm going to have to go with you and get you something not so headache inducing, aren't I? This just isn't acceptable" Draco said motioning to her colourful get up.

"Oh, you don't have to do that Draco. I'm sure I can borrow something of Hermione's for tomorrow" Luna said eyes wide. She certainly didn't want him to have to go out of his way because she didn't turn up in the right attire.

The thought of Luna in Hermione's clothing was a hilarious idea to Draco. He couldn't imagine little Luna looking so sensible. Besides Luna was quite a head shorter than Hermione in high school so he couldn't imagine the fit would be suited.

Also, he certainly didn't want a reminder of Granger around the office all the time. While thinking this Draco unconsciously raised his hand to his nose and rubbed it with the memory of the time Granger had given him a good wack back in school.

"Don't be ridiculous Lovegood. Get your poor excuse for a coat. We're going to get you something" he said going back into his office and grabbing his own tailer made black coat and then walking back to her. He was absolutely set on the idea of making his office presentable and enviable, and perhaps a bit intimidating for when clients came in trying to get them to sell their products. 

Luna went to the coat stand and grabbed her sunflower coat. She looked at it in her hands. She didn't think it was a poor excuse for a coat. She loved this coat. She gently rubbed it caringly as if to soothe it's fears of inadequacy caused by Draco's comments and then put it on.

"Come on then" Draco said striding past her and to the door. He was quite happy to be leaving the office actually as he really didn't feel quite up to facing work this morning just yet. There were four accounts on his desk he knew would be trouble and didn't much fancy having to open them. Luna followed after him, making efforts to keep up with his fast stride.

The first shop that Draco took her to made Luna feel ambivalent about touching anything. The Décor was all white. There was a marble bust of a lady in the centre and the clothes in the store hung on levitating poles at the perimeter. The store had some French name that she'd already forgotten.