The Last Thing I Ever Wanted Was To Be His Leading Lady In Real Life

First chapter! I would really like some comments and votes,. and these comments should contain, encouraging, positive, and constructive comments. Nothing negative. Anyway, besides this story of mine plz read "Never Leaving You, My Love(soon to be postesd) by me, and Come Down With Love( 1D fanfic) by MayDaySurvivor. This story by her is awesome and especially touches my heart; since I was part of her inspiration. So take the same courtesy in comments you would while reading my story to MayDay's story; it's much appreciated.
Thanx! Peace Love, and Gummy Hugs!
--Allain

Jade's P.O.V

And finally, the role of Juliet will be given too.....Jade Martinez!" my drama teacher Mr. Blake announced. "WOO-HOO!!" I yelled. I jumped up and down and did a happy dance. "I'm so proud of you!" my best friend, Ria said. We hugged and jumped and down like total idiots. Everyone who had already recieved their parts congratulated me on landing the lead role. I hoped that everyone understood how important this role really was to me.

I'm an aspiring actress, as unrealistic as it sounds. I have a back up plan, but my foremost dream is of being in movies and acting on Tv shows. Ever since I was little, I loved to imitate characters I saw on TV and laugh at all their jokes. I admired the fact that with acting you could be a different person and it could teach you a lesson about life.

I'm very particular about which roles I choose to play. An annoying thing about acting is that some people assume that in real life you're just like your character.Totally untrue, of course, because most people don't bother to check facts.

But whatever. "Wait! Before you guys triumph, I still have to announce who's playing Romeo." Mr.Blake called. EVeryone sat down in an assorted chair.

"Ok, so our Romeo is-- Derek Mitchell." Mr. Blake announced. The drama room suddenly turned as cold as Alaska during a snowstorm. Everyone whirled in their seats, trying to figure out where Derek was sitting. Someone finally spotted him siting on the windowsill, one foot propped up and the other dangling near the floor. He had his headphones in his ears and was looking out the window, so he probably had no idea that the whole class was staring at him.

Let me explain why Derek seems so daunting. He's not really known as a bad boy, so much as a player. The most famous rumor about him is that he dates 4 girls a month, one for every week. But others say he's been dating Lexi; cheerleader AND student council president on and off since junior year. I prefer to believe the second story, but I don't have any facts, so I usually don't pay attention to his exsistence. Not to sound mean or anything, but he's pretty quiet sometimes so it takes a lot to notice him.

Derek's song must have finished playing or something, because he looked up to pull his ipod from his pocket and found us all staring at him. He pulled his headphones out of his ears, confused. Mr. Blake stepped up and confiscated his ipod. When he done, Mr. Blake said, "Congratulations Derek. You've been cast as Romeo in the school play." I almost laughed at the fact that Derek got in trouble and got a major oppurtunity at the same time.

But the ever-chill Derek only said, "Cool. Who's playing Juliet?"

At this question, the class parted to show me. I waved shyly. He raised his eyebrows at me, waved in return, and turned to talk to Mr. Blake. The class started talking for a bit until Mr. Blake was done. I was just sitting quietly when Ria came and sat next to me. "So, you and Derek. What a genius combination!" she grinned. I rolled my eyes. "Oh please, Ria. This is just acting. I don't have any ideas about him beyond a professional relationhsip. Maybe we can be friends, but that's it. Nothing more." I replied. Ria nudged the fur of my Fuggs. I laughed. "Oh, stop Ria." I said.

"I'll tickle you." Ria threatened. "In class? Oh, I'm so scared," I said with a sarcastic tone. She slowly put out her arms with her fingers scrunched up like claws ready to tickle me. She didn't get a chance though, because Mr. Blake had steered Derek over to us. "Jade, this is Derek, as you should know. I think you guys should get to know each other better to see how you'll work together in the weeks to come." He left shortly after that.

I motioned for him to sit down next to me.

"So, as Mr. Blake said, I'm Jade, and---" he cut me off sharply by putting his lips on mine. Three seconds later, I pushed him off me. I looked around anxiousl to see if anyone noticed. Thankfully, no one did.

"What was that???!" I whisper-yelled at him.

All Derek did was smirk.

"Don't flip, Jade. I was just testing the softness of your lips." he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, well if you were "JUST TESTING" then I guess that's perfectly alright, right?" I asked sarcastically. he grinned.

"exactly. I think you're getting it." he replied. "whatever. Let's change the subject. Anything to forget that--''

"Amazing lip-to-lip contact?" Derek finished for me. "No!" I shouted, a little too loudly, it turned out, because a few people turned to stare. Finally some loser called out, "Derek just got rejected!!" This comment made everyone laugh.

Derek looked pissed. He grabbed his bag and walked out of the classroom. "Can you please go after him, Jade?" Mr. Blake called. "Ok." I replied. "Take your belongings, the period is almost over." he said. I grabbed my bag and ran out after Derek. I saw a trace of his blue hoodie turning the corner. "Derek!!" I called.

He whirled, confused. When he saw it was me, he rolled his eyes. I saw this and frowned. "Hey, what's with the attitude problem? Just because some loser made some stupid comment---"

For the fifth time I was being cut off. "It's not about that. I already have a reputation and I don't need you adding to it. I know you want your name in school gossip, but that outburst in class, is not the way to go." he replied.

I scoffed. "Are you serious? Just because I enjoy acting; it doesn't make me a drama queen. And for your information, the LAST thing I want is for anyone to talk about me. You don't even know me, and you think you can tell me what I stand for?" Let him chew on that for a minute.

"well excuse me if i thought that from someone who ALWAYS gets her way." he spat.

"Always gets my way? You couldn't be more wrong. Stop assuming that you know everything about me. I don't know if you get these ideas from others or if you draw them up from the air, but either way, you don't know the truth." I started to walk away.

"do you expect me to apologize?" he called.

"No. It wouldn't give me motivation for our rehearsals in the future." I rounded the corner as the bell rang, signaling fourth period.

One thing's for sure: Derek Mitchell certainly didn't act like a Romeo.