Chapter 4: The Bunker.

Hope you enjoy Chapter 4.

Don't forget to comment what you think. Vote and share if you like it.

 Enjoy!

NJSH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you have rations enough for two weeks for the both of you, several changes of clothes, water. According to mark if you walk near to the old barn above ground, there is an outdoor shower, which you should probably use whilst you are up there. The door will have to remain shut unless there is a large scale attack. I suggest you take it in turns to be on guard throughout the day and night." Justine explained, handing us bags to carry.

Justine used to be one of the best fighters we had, and she even helps out with teaching us tactics to use. But she got married 5 years ago and is currently pregnant with her 3rd child. She had long brown hair that was always tied up into a tight ponytail. Her physique was slender but muscular at the same time. She had a barely noticeable baby bump considering she was almost 5 months. Now, she tends to help out managing supplies and rations but that would never change my admiration for her.

"How long do we stay up there exactly?" I enquired, hoisting a heavy bag onto my back.

"Until we can be certain our location isn't compromised. We did the same thing last year when only Frederic returned from a raiding operation." she explained, before looking back at me.

I could feel my body tense up and I straightened up.

"I will not make my sister's mistake of being captured." I looked straight into Justine's eyes.

I don't know what she saw in me but she hesitated before looking away, busying herself with packing the final bag.

"I hope you're right." She mumbled.

I felt my anger flare but I contained it, Justine had been Sofia's best friend and was probably just as upset me. A year wasn't long enough to heal these sort of wounds.

I grabbed another bag and left the storage unit, leaving Justine to finish packing for us in peace. I tried to calm myself on the way to the bunker, heading up the almost deserted tunnel that lead to the secret door. I could see Frederic there with two mattresses that was clearly for us to use.

"Hey Freddy."I smiled.

He looked towards me with his dead stare and nodded. He had never been the same since he had come back to us.

Last year, my sister and her raiding group went on what should have been a routine raid but something went wrong. My sister Sofia, George, Kyle and Louise never returned, presumably dead or worse. Frederic managed to come back after a few days, escaping from the Vampires grasps. He told us briefly what had happened but clearly not all. After that he never went out again, would just wander around with a troubled look on his face.

I guess what he felt was worse considering Kyle was his brother and Louise was his wife. But that didn't stop people from blaming him and some even blamed Justine because it was normally her raid to go on.

I finally reached the back of the bookcase door that lead to the bunker. I pulled the key of the nail on the wall and unlocked it before stepping in. Apparently someone had quickly came in here and cleaned so it was ready for us.

I put the bags down on one of the bed frames before unpacking the contents neatly onto shelves which was hidden between the beds and the entrance to the outside. As I finished putting the last of the food rations away, Dave came in with a small camping stove and a two gas canisters piled precariously in his arms.