Chapter 9

A/N: Well, now that I'm out of depression mode, I think I can FINALLY continue this story. Sorry about all the late uploads and stuff. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I solemnly swear that I do not own anything in this story besides the plot. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

February 9th

Lily was out with her friends trying to find a dress for the Valentine's Ball coming up in five days. She had a few people ask her but she politely turned them away. Except for one. She told him that she would think about it, but later he came back frightened, telling her that he couldn't go out with her. The boy was truly confusing. 

"What do you think?" Alice Prewett asked. She was wearing a stunning strapless turquoise lace dress. There was black lace around the stomach. It was truly gorgeous. (It's also on the side...)

"You look amazing!" Lily gushed. She had been trying to find a dress for a while now and was getting frustrated. Marlene McKinnon, Lily's other friend, emerged from the fitting room in a red, short one-shoulder dress. The strap had red and white jewels decorating it. It was difficult to explain, but it was just as stunning. 

"What do you guys think?" Marlene asked as she strutted around the changing room area. 

Alice grinned. "It's perfect!" They both turned torwards Lily. 

"Did you find one yet?" Marlene asked. Lily shook her head and Alice and Marlene looked at one another and started torwards to racks. 

"There's no use! I looked throughout this whole store-" Lily was cut off as a pile of dresses landed on her.

"Get in a room and try them on now!" Alice demanded and turned back around to find yet even more dresses. Lily sighed and headed torward the room with at least 15 dresses in her hands. 

An hour later, Lily had not been impressed with any of the dresses. They didn't fit her figure, they weren't her color, etc. She was about ready to give up when a salesperson walked up to them with a stunning green ball gown. Marlene and Alice shoved her back into the changing room. After putting it on, Lily walked out and looked into the mirror. She gasped slightly and knew that this was her dress. She looked to her equally shocked friends and nodded. They were done shopping for dresses. 

"Now it's time for shoes and jewelry!" Alice squealed. Lily groaned as Marlene perked up.