Chapter 4

"Who's house is this?" I asked her as we walked through a threshold to a house, blaring old school rock and roll and smelt like old leather.

She just smirked and walked deeper into the crowded room, and I had no choice to follow.

“Evans, who is this guy?" Said a voice from behind us. She turned and grinned, and I followed her gaze.

There stood a guy with a lip piercing and a half sleeve, black hair and brown eyes. “Name’s Zayn.” He said, and I just nodded.

He smirked and moved past me to sit on the couch beside some other people I were guessing were his friends.

“This right here…” Harley said, squishing my face with her hand. “Is Liam ‘Hottie With A Body’ Payne. Or at least that’s what the girls behind me in History call him.” She said, laughing off the last part as it made me blush.

Zayn nodded, and grinned. “I’m just going to call you Liam, ok?” He said, and I laughed.

“Harley freaking Evans!” Boomed a voice that was extremely deep. I turned, expecting a parent, but yet just saw a teenage boy in a dark shirt and even darker jeans.

“Harry freaking Styles!” She shouted back, and newly named Harry came by and swept her up off her feet, and threw her on the couch.

I felt a pang of something in my gut, but I didn’t know what it was.

Harley got up to make room for Harry, and then sat on his lap. I knew what it was then.

Jealousy.

“Who’s your friend Harley?” Said a blonde petite, walking over and grabbing my arm. She looked up at me with the bluest of eyes.

“Liam, this is Perrie.” Harley said, laughing as Zayn got up and Perrie jumped into his arms, kissing him passionately.

I tried not to show how taken aback I was, but it must of showed as Zayn plopped Perrie down and she turned to me, laughing.

She wrinkled her nose, and her nose ring glimmered in the dull lighting of the room. “I’m a strong believer in PDA.” She said, laughing.

I laughed too, and Harley came and stood next to me. “You want a drink?” She said, and I nodded, following her to the kitchen.

Once she had handed me a reddish orange drink, that burned like a fire when it went down your throat, I decided to ask her about Perrie.

She just laughed. “Her and Zayn got engaged the other day. She’s been smiling and kissing him every second she gets.”

I shook my head, as it was hard to understand something like that. “Aren’t you all a little….young?”

Harley sighed. “And?” I bit my lip.

“And wouldn’t you think two people would want to wait until they’re older to, you know, get married?” I said.

“I don’t bother asking, nor do I bother putting in my opinion.” She said, and I nodded.

“But if I was going to put my opinion in, I would say that I have never seen two people more in love than them two. And I know they would do anything for the other….” She said, taking a sip from her drink, and looking across the room at them.

“.....they love each other. And to me, love is sometimes the one thing that can save everything.” She said, before slowly moving her gaze to her hands.

“Plus, they’re not even that young. They’re both in their twenties.” She said, looking up at me.

“Wait…. so does that mean…..” I asked her. She just shook her head. “No Liam, I promise you I am not some teenage delinquent who has stayed back multiple times and is finishing high school the same year I should be legally eligible to drink.”

I nodded, laughing. She laughed too, and smiled. “No, I’m the baby of the group.”

“She’s like the annoying baby sister who tags along.” Said Harry, coming in and messing up her hair.

She got up and messed up Harry’s own, and then walked out of the kitchen. I got up to follow her, but Harry stopped me.

“Are you two…?” He asked me, and it took me a few seconds to give him an answer. “I think we’re...friends.” I said to him.

He nodded, a more serious look on his face than the silly one from before.

“Well, whatever you guys are, just…. look out for her, okay? She thinks she can take care of herself, and she can, don’t get me wrong, it’s just….” He said, not being able to finish.

He ran a hand through his hair, and then shook his head. “Just look out for her, okay?” He said, and I nodded.

“Thanks.” He said, and I walked out to find Harley, but stopped.

I turned to him, and bit my lip. “So you two aren’t together?” I asked, and he just shook his head and laughed.

“Wait, you think….” He said, coming over to stand next to me. He laughed, then turned to Zayn.

“Zayn! You won’t believe what the new kid just said….”

-------------------------------