Chapter 9

Niall’s POV

“Can you not do that, please? My mother takes really good care of her flowers.” I said to a guy who was dumping the rest of his can into a flower pot. I didn’t live with my parents, but when my mom came to visit, she had some sort of obsession with giving me a flower pot. She said it brought ‘good vibes’ to the house, which I never quite understood. But hey, I don’t ask questions.

He rolled his eyes and walked away, and I realized I didn’t even know the guy. He must of been one of Zayn’s friends.

Or Harry’s.

Or Louis’.

Or even Liam’s.

The last thought left my head as quickly as it had entered. Liam seemed like a nice kid, but I doubted any of his friends would be caught dead at a party like this. Except of course….

“Hey! Jake, is it?” I shouted out across the lawn, and a head turned to face me. He nodded twice, and I saw his other friend, Charlie or something like that, nearby. I walked over, smiling.

“How are you and Charlie enjoying yourselves?” I asked. “It’s Chewy, and we’re good…. we lost Liam though.” He said, and then momentarily looked around. I followed his gaze, and noticed Harry.

“You seen Harley and Liam?” I asked him, and he simply shrugged, and then turned back, continuing his conversation with a red head.

I continued to look around, and saw Zayn and Perrie walking by, hand in hand. “Have you guys seen Harley and Liam?” I asked, and they shook their heads, before continuing to walk to the hammock.

I looked around, and then noticed Harley’s car parked a few ways back, and couldn’t help but crack a smile. “No freaking way.”

-----------------------------------

Her lips tasted like everything good in the world.

His lips tasted like a dream that you wake up smiling from.

I could feel her smile.

I could feel him smile.

Do you think….

Do you think….

This moment.

This moment.

I never knew something like this existed.

I never knew that something like this could be real….

----------------------------------