*9*

Lately, the world hasn't been falling into place. The plan was find the killer and get rid of him. Turns out the person that killed my parents is my parent and my parents aren't my parents. Ugh. Being a supernatural being was not easy. I hated it.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard someone snap in my ear. I blink and look at 'Nate'. "Yes?" I ask him suspiciously.

"Come out of la la land please and move up the lunch line." He said with a sarcastic smile.

I mouth 'Oh.' and continue ahead. When talking to Nate I was reminded of what I seen in that vision thing.

"Hey, Nate." I look at him grab an apple. Weird. He doesn't like apples.

"Yeah?" he looked at me. I looked into his eyes and they looked empty. His eyes were always warm and sincere.

When I was about to ask him a question, we got to the cash register. "Um, nevermind. I will ask once we get to our seats."

He nodded in understanding. I paid for the lunch and he quickly followed and passed by the lunch lady. She looked at him weirdly. "Nate, are you okay?" she asked.

He looked at her and smiled. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be okay?" and he laughed nervously putting his hands in his pocket.

"Well, you usually always ask me how my day was ever since your freshman year." she told him.

He looked at her in confusion. "I have?"

I looked at him weirdly. "Yes, you have Nathaniel." I tell him. "He is just having a rough day." I grab his arm. "Let's go." We walk to the lunch table farthest away from the high school civilization.

"You know Paige looks nice today." He told me. I widen my eyes and look up at him while I was drinking my chocolate milk.

"Say what?" I asked him. He nodded his head towards her and I turned to look in the direction he was looking.

"She still looks..." I trail off when I see Joshua walk in through the double doors. The cafeteria suddenly gotten silent.

He walked right in front of me and then the cafeteria was loud and busy again.

I looked behind me and Nathaniel was gone. I sighed and I looked back at the prince.

"Hello." I say quietly. I turn back towards the bland school food and continue to eat.

"Hey." He said gruffly. He sat next to me and just stared. I frowned. "What?" I start to get nervous. "Is there food on my face?" I wipe at my face.

"No, there is no food on your face." He smiled.

I look at the carrots on the tray. "Oh."

We sat in an awkward silence besides the chattering among the teenagers in the lunch room. "Welp, I have to go to the bathroom." I stand and take my tray still somewhat full of food and throw it away. I walk as quickly as I could out of the lunch room.

"Hey! Alex, where are you going?" Joshua was next to me in an instant.

I stop and look at him. "I already told you, the bathroom." It was a lie. I was actually going to find Nate to question him more.

"You and I both know that is a lie. So what are you doing?" He stared at me and I looked down. "I am going to question Nate." I walk past him.

He was walking by my side. "Question him on what?"

"Look I don't have time to explain just follow me." Joshua and I skipped class to go find Nathaniel.

We found him in his class sitting next to Paige and talking like they were best friends. "Odd." I mumbled to Joshua.

I knocked on the door and the teacher answered.

"Why aren't you two in class?" The teacher asked.

I looked at Joshua. "Um, yearbook." he said.

"Yeah, yearbook. I need a student." I went along with what he said.

"If you two are in yearbook where are your cameras." The teacher folded his arms and stared at us suspiciously.

"Oh, yeah, that." I said quietly.

"We are using our phones to take the pictures this year. But, we don't need that if I am going to be asking the student questions about their senior year so far." Joshua answered professionally, putting his hands in his pockets and smirked at the teacher.

The teacher sighed. "Which student do you need?"

"That would be Nathaniel." I smile.

"Nathan, yearbook." The teacher left and I turned towards Josh and gave him the biggest smile I could think of.

"After this you are going to tell me why you needed to question him." He said.

"Yeah, yeah okay." I nodded.

Nate came out of the classroom and folded his arms.

"Alex, I know you aren't in yearbook. What's going on and why is he here?" he told me.

I gulp and turn towards Joshua. "Well, Nate I just needed to ask you a question and Joshua just so happened to be here so I dragged him along." I say as I turn to look back at him.

"Oh, okay and what is the question?"

"How do you feel about mates?"

He chuckled and so did Josh. "You came all the way over here, even skipped a class, to ask that?" Joshua was laughing.

"I am asking the same question." Nathan told him.

"This isn't funny this is a serious question, guys."

Nate, still with a smile on his face, sighed. "Well, I don't really care for them. What's the point anyway? Just so you can be stuck with one person forever."

I nodded. "Oh, okay."

"Is that all you needed because I have to get to class and answer important questions."

"Yeah, that's all." I watched him go into the classroom and sit next to Paige. He told her something and they laughed into hysterics. I scoffed.

"Now, why was that an important question?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I will tell you later. I can't exactly explain but I will tell you something important."

I looked Joshua in the eyes and said "That's not Nathaniel."
_______________________________

(A/N)

Wow, more crappy writing...

Buh-bye