°2°

* Prince Joshua's POV*

"Blah blah blah... Blah blah." is all i heard come from Paige's mouth. I was looking at her talk but i didn't really hear what she was saying.

"I hope you realize, that i have no idea what you are saying to me, nor do i care." I told her rudely.

She looked at me in shock.

"Listen to me this time," she said as she walked up to me and touched my chest. "Please?" she pouted.

I growled. "Get your peasant witch hands off of me." I pushed her arm away and walked away.

It was another usual day in school for me. I would walk into school, Paige would try and get closer to me, literally doesn't she get it. I don't like her. She is just a play thing. I have no real interest in her.

I was walking to Chemistry when i bumped into a small girl and her boyfriend?

"Ahh." She squeaked. She had her head down. "Sorry i should watch where im goi..." She trailed away when she looked up.

I stared into her eyes and she stared back into mine. I felt my heart skip a beat.

I glared at her. "Stay away from me."

She looked at me with saddened eyes. I just looked at her and walked away.

"Are you okay, Alex?" I overheard her boyfriend say.

"I-I'm fine... Nate." She gulped. "Lets just get to class."

Are you okay, Joshua? My wolf asked.

I am perfectly fine, Lance.

I am so glad that was our mate back there, but something is wrong with her wolf... I want to figure it out.

I almost missed a step Lance had stopped me, briefly having my attention.

I growled. No, we are going to class.

I don't want to see her again. EVER.

***
* Alex's POV *

"How dare he?" I told Nate. "How dare he?" I said on the verge of tears.

We were walking home and I was still devastated that my mate told me to stay away from him.

Nate was just quiet. He didn't say anything.

"Nate, why aren't you saying anything?" I stopped walking and just stared at him.

He turned. "That was a reality check, for me."

I turned my head like a confused puppy. "What?" I said, quietly.

"My mate could refuse me..." He said.

I sighed. "Oh, Nate." I walked closer to him. "Your mate would never do that nine times out of ten, I believe you will have a better meeting than me and J..." I couldn't say his name.

"Joshua." Nate finished for me.

I nodded my head, my eyes glossing over with tears. "Yes, I believe so."

I hugged him. "Now take me home. I need my mommy." I giggled.

We will be fine, Alex.

I don't think we will, Luna.

Although it would be nice to spend time with Lance.

Lance?

Joshua's wolf.

Oh.
***
I walked in my home, after saying goodbye to Nate.

I walked up the stairs to my parent's room.

No one.

I looked all around the house. No one was home.

I just kneeled on the floor and cried.

Cried and cried some more.

And then I just stopped.

I was just having a hard time breathing.

I got up and took a shower and went to bed.

Pretty early.
***
I woke up later that night from moving out side my room.

I quietly got out of bed.

Tiptoed out of my room.

Something wasn't sitting right.

I heard someone leaving my house.

That's when i smelt it.

Blood.

I gulped and I started to shake.

Whistling. I heard outside of my home.

I got up and walked to my parents room to wake them but, the closer i got to their room the stronger the stench grew.

I placed my hand on the doorknob now being able to smell the scents behind the door mixed with the smell of blood.

I started to breath heavier.

I opened the door to find my mother and father dead.

I screamed. "Noo."

"Mommy... Daddy." I cried.

I threw up. I couldn't help it.

I got up on shaky legs.

Walked down the stairs and outside of my house.

I was crying and walking slowly to Nate's house.

I saw his room light on.

I ran up to his door. I banged and banged on his door.

He opened the door. "Alex, are you crazy?" he said.

But he stopped and looked at my face.

"What happened?"

"My parents were murdered."

***