Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Can he read my mind? I feel like he knows too much about this kind of pain.

"There's nothing I can do, Damon. It will really be like this, isn't it?" I said and sobbed again.

I was shocked when he pulled me up and hugged me.

"If only I could."

I was even more shocked and moved to tears by the words he left out.

Damon offered to drive me home. I don't want to, but in his tone, I can't refuse. I don't want to do anything. I don't like it because I can see Sebe's face in the way he looks, and it hurts me even more.

My heart hurts so much that I feel like I'm floating even when I walk.

He's fucking engaged. It was like a broken record, repeatedly spinning in my mind.

I was about to open the door of Damon's car, but we were surprised when someone came out of a car right in front of us—Sebe and a gorgeous woman. She exactly was the girl I saw last time.

Damon held my waist.

"Don't look," he said softly, but I couldn't take my eyes off them. "Please, you're just hurting yourself even more," he added.

Sebe looked at us. His jaw tightened as he looked up at Damon's hand placed on my thighs. I don't know why I let Damon do this. I do not understand why I am comfortable in his presence.

Sebe didn't even smile at me whatsoever.

He didn't.

"Let's go?" Damon offered. I unconsciously nodded then he drove me home.

So, this is what they called love? Love is happiness; love is everything; love makes us smile; love makes the bland colorful. It makes your dull life shine. But in my state, all that is contrary.

Love is a matter of sacrifices; love can hurt unintentionally; love can destroy you. And now it's killing me.

***

"Loosen up, Nat. Have fun even just now," Jen drank her drink. We're now in a club.

Kylie is gone. I do not know why and what she is doing.

It's been a week, and I'm being so lifeless. Thank God I was still able to do my part as a student.

We are in the Moonlight club now.

I took the shot glass and gulped it down; this is my fourth. My body immediately warmed up. People are shouting on the dance floor like crazy dogs! But no matter how loud the music is, I still do not have the energy to be publicized.

I took the beer to the table and stood up. I adjusted the hem of my black dress.

"Let us dance," I said to Jen, trying to find a bit of energy. Her eyes widened.

I no longer have the nervousness in my chest. I want to have fun and forget right now.

"Woah, that's something!" she stood up and pulled me. We immediately danced in the middle. There's a wave of people on the dance floor. They don't seem to have anything to do but dance to enjoy! I did the same. Or at least I tried.

I did the weird moves and everything. But it became embarrassing when I saw a group of people at one table staring at me—my heart pounded.

The loud music became slow and sweet.