Reunited

It’s already 10:00 pm and we aren’t even in my grandpas car yet. I get a text from Shawn. “I see that you saw my message! *red angry face emoji* are you guys almost here yet?? I’ve been waiting FOREVERRRR!!” I smile and my grandpa says, “Are you smiling because you have a crush on the boy next door?” He winks. Ever since I was little, my family and his family have joked around that we both had crushes on each other. I mean I did when I was little… “NO! I miss him and Aaliyah, that’s all! They’ve been waiting in their living rooms!” I say back. The car ride back was awkward, I was basically texting Shawn the entire ride, and the ride was 35 minutes. My mom and grandpa were making small talk in the front while I was left to awkwardly listen to them.  When we made it to the school ,which was right in front of the house I texted Shawn, “im at the school! Get ready to see me *smirk emoji*” He replies, “Ive been ready forever em.” We pull up to the driveway, and my grandpa says, “I’ll get your bags, go see your little boyfriend!”  He chuckles. I glare at him and say, “He’s not my boyfriend. But thanks gramps love you! See you in a few minutes.”

                Aaliyah runs out of her house when she sees the car park, and I run over to her. She jumps up and gives me a huge hug. “I’ve missed you so much Emily!!” I pick her up and she puts her head into my neck and hugs me even tighter. Shawn walks over to me, and I put Aaliyah down and I give Shawn the biggest hug ever. Wow, he has grown so much... He definitely didn’t look this tall in his pictures. I’ve missed him so much. “Emily, you’re back. I’ve missed you so much, it’s unreal.” He says to me while letting go slowly. “I’ve missed you more Shawn, you don’t understand.” Aaliyah rolls her eyes and says, “I doubt that, he hasn’t stopped talki-” Shawn puts his hand over her mouth and she licks his hand, and says super quickly, “He hasn’t stopped talking about you since like last week!” Shawn blushes and tries to hide his face. I laugh and hug him one more time. Shawn says to Aaliyah, “Hey, go back inside so that I can talk to Em, okay?” Aaliyah gives me a hug and goes back inside.

                I say playfully, “So you haven’t stopped talking about me huh?” He tries to play it off and says, “Well, I haven’t seen you in two years. I miss you.” I laugh. “Stop laughing!” He says while laughing. I start a conversation and ask him how MAGCON is going and his singing career is going. He says, “It’s been really fun, I’ve met so many cool people during it.” I smile and say, “Seems like it! I see all of your tweets and Instagram posts!” He laughs and says, “Do you see the fans tweets replying?” I giggle and say, “Yea, it’s so funny! Especially when you tag me in things, all they say is OTP.” I continue giggling. Ew, my laugh is so gross. “Aw your laugh is so cute,” He smiles, “and I know! It makes me laugh!” I do a funny face, “My laugh is gross, don’t try being all cute and lie about it! And whenever you subtweet they always quote it and tag me in the tweet, like obviously they aren’t about me!” I wish they were though… He looks away for a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

                “How do you know those aren’t about you?” My eyes widen. Wait… They are? I can feel myself blushing. To ease the awkwardness I felt, I pull out my phone and check the time. It’s 11:15. He pulls my phone out of my hand. “Stop trying to change the subject!” He says while grabbing both of my hands. He puts my phone back in the front pocket of his black MAGCON hoodie. I say, “I wasn’t even talking!!” He pulls me closer, and kisses me on the cheek. I smile and he hugs me super tight. “BEAR HUG!!” He says. I quickly pinch his back and grab my phone and start sprinting to the play ground near the school. He sprints after me and I look behind and start running faster. When I turn back around I run into a sign that says, “Watch where you walk.” Kinda ironic I guess. I fall down and all I hear is Shawn running even faster towards me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this parts longer so i hope you guys like it! make sure to keep checking back for more updates (; --Lauren (: