Ten.

From the time I've spent with Mr. Malik, I've learned that it's the suits he wears that make him so...impudent. Every time he drapes an Armani suit over his shoulder, it's like his inner monster is called and he treats everyone (including me) disrespectfully. The few times that I've seen him in casual attire, he's been nothing but nice to me. He initiated and engaged in conversation with me, teasing me lightly and making me feel comfortable. So I've learned that I like Mr. Malik in tshirts and jeans (or nothing).

"Christ, what did you pack?" Mr. Malik mumbled to himself as he hauled my suitcase up the stairs. I told him that I could take care of it myself, but he insisted on coming up to my apartment. As we climbed the stairs, I thought back to Friday night and prayed that I had put away all my dirty laundry and dishes.

"Sorry," I replied sheepishly. I dug into my handbag and pushed aside the receipts, empty gum packets and pens before I found my keys. I unlocked the door and held it open and motioned for Mr. Malik to walk in. He grunted as he lifted the suitcase again and stepped into the living room of my apartment. I quickly followed after him and turned on the lights. "You can just leave that there, thank you." I said as he dropped the suitcase near the sofa. "Would you like something to drink? Water? Wine?" I hesitated.

"Water's fine." He said. I nodded and led him towards the kitchen. My eyes constantly darted around my apartment looking for anything embarrassing or out of place. Mr. Malik paid no mind to anything as he followed right behind me. He stood awkwardly in my kitchen whilst I filled a glass of water for him.

"You can sit," I offered, internally cringing at how hesitant I sounded.

"Thank you," he said, taking the glass of water from me and taking a seat at the island. He finished off the glass quickly and set it aside before laying his palms flat against the table, his rings clinking against the marble. "Did you have a nice time?"

I nodded and filled a glass of water for myself. My throat was dry and to be honest, I was trying to buy as much time as I could. Having Mr. Malik in my home was very intimidating. This is where he could see who I truly am and what my personality is like, but so far he didn't seem interested. I drowned that thought with a cool glass of water and joined him at the island.

"Did you?" I asked, "it must have been nice to see your sisters again, although Waliyha didn't seem too please with you today." I added with a small giggle. Mr. Malik rolled his eyes and a sent a small smile my way.

"She was just upset I left her birthday early," he shrugged. I bit my lip and tried to push away the million questions that flew to my mind. Tapping my fingers against the marble, I sighed and glanced at the clock.

"Why did you leave early? Obviously, you were upset but what did that woman do?" I cocked my head to side and waited for a reply. Mr. Malik seemed to be contemplating an answer as he looked around my kitchen, tapping his own fingers on the counter.

"I don't think that's any of your business." He finally stated sharply. I jumped back at his sharp tone and nodded feverishly, my neck and cheeks heating to a red color in embarrassment.

"Of course. S-sorry sir," I apologized. Silence fell around us and I began moving around the kitchen to try and find anything to distract me. I wanted so badly to keep questioning him but I kept my curiosity at bay. I took both of our glasses and put them in the sink, then checked the dishwasher just because. Glancing at the clock again, I went to the pantry and pulled out a box of cereal.

"Would you like some breakfast?" I asked politely, although he certainly didn't deserve it. His eyes lit up in amusement at the box of Cocoa Puffs in my hand and he nodded whilst standing from his seat. I watched as he walked around my kitchen like he belonged there, grabbing two bowls and spoons. He set them in the middle of the island and held onto them whilst I poured milk in half way.