Nineteen.

"Your office? He said he was coming to see you."

I jolted from my seat, not sparing another glance at my dad before storming out of the conference room. The door shut loudly behind me causing everyone to turn and stare at me, but I pushed through them and hurried to the elevator.

My mind was a tight ball of yarn, each strand a representation of my thoughts. I tried to pick one, but three others came undone, adding to the mess of things. Harry knew about Score. He's been trying to get in touch with Arabelle, and he's here in this building right now.

I didn't let my mind wander to Arabelle, knowing I would surely lose my mind and her if I started throwing accusations around.

She promised me.

I jabbed at the elevator button about a hundred times, before I pounded a fist on the golden doors out of frustration. I could feel everyone's eyes on me but for the first time I wasn't thinking about myself.

The elevator doors finally opened and I scurried inside, glaring at the employees whose names I didn't bother with. I pushed the twelfth floor button a couple times, and then leaned against the wall to try and calm myself down.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, and all I wanted to do was get off this crowded elevator and find Harry. I knew in my gut that he was with Arabelle, but a little part of me was hoping that he was actually in my office waiting for me.

Something in me was holding onto the innocent friendship we had years and years ago. I wanted to think that Harry didn't change, but he did and so did our "friendship."

People always wanted something. Whether it be: money, friendship, or your reassurance. There are always impure intentions behind people. That's just the way the world works. Nobody ever starts a conversation with someone just for the sake of it; there is always something behind it. They want your answers, your reassurance, and your ability to keep them entertained for a short while. And that's natural.

Other people are just selfish. They take, take, take and don't give. They have no understanding of what being a human is. They want your answers, reassurance, and entertainment so much so that they simply don't care that they're draining the other person.

That's what Harry was. He was selfish. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't trust Harry. Not after everything he's done. I've given him chance after chance, and he always took our friendship and my forgiveness for granted. I could only be angry at myself at this point. I was the one that forgave him, I was the one that kept helping him out, and I was the one basically giving him the "okay" to stir up my life. And even if his intentions with Arabelle weren't what I thought, I'd still never let him near her.

She was too good, too pure to be brought into my world. I may not be as selfish as Harry, but I was when it came to her.

"Where is he?" I growled, absolutely seething when I stepped off the elevator. My eyes darted around the room as I tried to regain my regular breathing. I didn't want to step into the office areas with a mind fueled with anger.

Catherine tried to say something behind me but I ignored her as I took a deep breath and slowly advanced towards Arabelle's desk. I kept my eyes on her. She was sitting at the edge of the chair, her fingers curling around her desk. Her pink lips were pressed into a tight line, her back stiff and her eyes narrowed.

I approached slowly, the anger fading slowly as I continued watching her. I looked closely, seeing that her knuckles were white against her dark desk. Her lips were pressed together so tight that I swore they were going to start bleeding. Her body was stiff with anger, and a look of disgust crossed her face.