Two.

Monday morning came faster than I would have liked, and to be honest I had prayed a little that the world would just cave in itself Sunday night so I didn't have to get up and face the arrogant asshole.

I still had two hours left till I was due at Malik Inc. so I decided to spend the rest of the time going over my day. I went through every little detail, memorizing the steps I had to take to ensure this day would go perfect. I knew the only way that I could avoid Mr. Malik's fury was to be fully prepared. I couldn't afford to miss a beat around him or I'd be out faster than he could answer his phone. Also, getting fired from such a huge company would not look good on records. I had half the mind to think I was just over-estimating what today would bring and that if I predicted that today would go badly, then it surely would.

My dad had landed me this job, saying his best friend's son was in need of an assistant. I agreed happily when I learned I'd get to work in the business world. What I didn't know was that I would be working for a software company. Now, I'm not at all a tech nerd (if that wasn't evident from the projector incident) but negotiating and marketing were my strongest attributes so I just couldn't turn down an offer to work for a huge company. I also had absolutely no idea I'd be working for Zayn Malik. I had seen him on the cover of Forbes magazine countless amount of times, being named as the youngest billionaire of the year—three years in a row. Another thing I didn't know was that my boss was only two years older than me and one hundred times wealthier and better off.

I went into his job offer blind.

After learning these vital pieces of information, I had tried to revoke my acceptance to be his PA multiple times, but my dad wasn't having it, as no better opportunity could ever come my way. I had done my research on Mr. Malik and felt pretty well prepared, but something in the back of my mind kept telling me I was in for a huge wake up call.

I arrived fifteen minutes early, just like I planned. So far, so good. I quickly set my bag and folder on my desk and made my way to Catherine who was seated at the front desk. Catherine was the only one in the entire building who had made an effort to welcome and get to know me, although I'm sure it was only out of pity. She tried to tell me that working with Mr. Malik wasn't all that bad, but I had two eyes and ears and I'd learned enough about him through the other workers.

"Good morning Catherine, is he in yet?" I gave the eccentric brunette a small smile and rested my forearms on her desk. Catherine was young, along with everyone else in the building. She was about twenty-five, give or take a year, with wild blue eyes that could kill. She could be quite a bitch when she wanted to be and I was glad I hadn't met that part of her yet.

"Not yet," Catherine gave me a warm smile and I let out a breath of relief.

"Do you know how he takes his coffee?" I questioned. I might as well start kissing his ass now.

"Black."

Figured.  I stopped myself from rolling my eyes at the obvious choice in drink. I nodded at Catherine  and made my way to the break room, stopping by the copy room to print off a few copies of Mr. Malik's schedule, to retrieve his coffee. I also grabbed a chocolate glazed donut for myself, using extra caution whilst walking back to my desk.

My desk was located just outside Mr. Malik's office so I was in close proximity if he needed anything. I wasn't sure if I was grateful for that or annoyed with my location.

I aimlessly flipped through some papers on my desk, checked my email and even sent a text to my dad. I tried to distract myself from glancing up at the clock and I had successfully done so because it finally struck 8:00 AM and right on cue, the golden elevator doors opened and out stepped a young man, looking absolutely brilliant in his Armani suit. His hair was a perfectly disheveled mess of raven locks styled in a quiff and his jaw line was as sharp as ice. His hostile hazel eyes scanned the busy bodies of the room as he paused, before they landed on me. Immediately his jaw tightened and I could almost hear the sound of his teeth grinding as he snapped his fingers twice and motioned for me to follow him. Quickly obliging and not dwelling on his rude greeting, I grabbed his coffee and schedule and scurried after him.