Chapter 72: The Four Dragonmen of Apocalypse

Amphere Harrison

White adamantine armor plates with angelic glass-like wings. A giant moonstone orb was glimmering on her chest. There are some glowing gold linings all over her body that resembles Aztec Nazca lines. Unlike all dragons, this one has blue eyes which has a cross-like sigil on the center of its pupil. Aside from that, the body behind the white armor is a muscular yet slim build. If someone is looking at this dragon from below, they would mistake her as mecha angel from those cool kid’s cartoons.

This is the dragon form of Exceria. The Pulsar Dragon; the most powerful dragon as dubbed by the Holy Guardian of the Cathedral Exa. I honestly can’t decide which dragon form is more badass; Airi’s Chimeratech Dragon or Exceria’s Pulsar Dragon. Airi’s previous Futuretech Dragon form looks like a rusty tin can compared to Exceria’s.

This is also my first time seeing General Byron Holster’s dragon. Iris Holster’s dragon form is a pinkish bubblegum with some slime in it. No, seriously, this seven-meter dragon looks like it has been molded from a children’s play-dough. It can easily shape itself whatever it wanted, that is why it already took the shape of a fighter jet with dragon head on the front. This is the General-class Gum Dragon.

We’ve been flying for ten minutes at maximum speed, and at last, we finally got sight of the airships. As for the moment, there are only four dragons and dragon knights who are in charge of chasing the escapees. We already called for backup but that will be expected for about thirty minutes. The empire knights and generals are more focused on defense, to make sure that the attack earlier is not a diversion.

We gained altitude to take a peek of the airships from above. There are several Arcadian dragonoids, pointing their rifles towards us. And then there was a familiar face that only I know that existed.

“I’m glad that the whole Chevalier Unit is present.” The man clapped his hands. “Now you shall be the first to witness my power.”

It is a black-haired man with an eye I’ve never seen before. It’s like an onion with several layers. Black, white, red, orange, green, and gold on the center. But that innocent looking face. I can’t be mistaken. It’s Nox, one of Dragunov’s henchmen. He’s also the previous knight of Duchess Corasell. This is the first time I heard him talk so I’m quite surprised.

Nox clasped his hands. Four gigantic portals, much like Richards, opened. Unlike Richard’s portals, these portals are pure black; as if they were holes in this very dimension itself. There was a loud whirling sound until dragon heads and claws started to pour out from those void holes. One dragon per dark portals. Each one of them is different.

One of them is a white dragon filled with disgusting skin cancer, instead of scales. It’s arms are like braided worms, and it doesn’t even have claws. There are hundreds of flies circling around it, and I can even smell it from here. So gross. This seven-meter dragon is a flying dumpster. This is the Infection Dragon.

The red dragon is somewhat the same as Mark Anthony Octavius’s Gladiator dragon. Humanoid muscular body with medieval armors all over. This dragon is wielding two curved swords. On his back, just between his gigantic crimson wings are piles of swords. This is the Conquest Dragon.

The black dragon is something what we call malnourished. It has a humanoid body and dark skin, no scales or fancy armor. I can even see its ribs puffing out of its coat. It’s like a furless kitten, yet more disgusting and terrifying. This is the Famine Dragon.

The pale dragon is the most peculiar one. This is the first time I have ever seen a flying lizard on a dark cloak, wielding a long razor scythe. This dragon wears a ram’s skull as a helmet. That is why there is a gigantic twirling horn on his head. This is the Death Dragon.

Each dragon has a fully-armored silver knight riding on his head. They don’t wield any weapons, but they are holding something familiar and similar; a black beating heart.

I’m quite familiar with these enemies we’re facing. According to the history, there were four dragon knights and dragonoids who helped Vesryn erect the Dragon Knights Academy. Each with different colors; the same as these flying lizards in front of us.

Nox must’ve been the source of all these impure resurrection. The corpse Black Phantom, the horde of zombies in Twilight City, and now these legendary dragon knights… These are all his magic. He might’ve been using the power of a terrifyingly strong dragonoid as of this time. We have to take that dragonoid down as soon as possible!

“What’s our next move?” I took the initiative to ask them.

Reina held her chin and proposed a plan. “We’ll be wasting much time if we’re going to fight all four of these. We need to divide the team into two. One will be infiltrating the ships and search for Cleru, and two will be the one who will combat the four dragonmen and the Arcadian soldiers.”

“Okay.” General Holster nodded. “Amphere is obviously the strongest one here so he will be battling the legendary dragons. Reina should be the one infiltrating because she can jump ship to ship by using portals. The only two left are us-“

“Requesting permission to team up with Amphere, sir.” Rudolf said. “I wanted to test my mech arm to those Arcadian bastards.”

“Granted.” General Holster answered. “Then I’ll be searching the ships with Reina. Good luck!”

The Portal Dragon Richard opened up its jaws, and a portal emerged midair. General Holster and Reina cancelled their Vesryn Pulse and then launched themselves to the glowing ball of light, teleporting themselves to somewhere within those twenty airships.

Cannons of the airships started firing, so Chaos Dragon and Pulsar Dragon wiggled and zigzagged to evade those projectiles.

“Can you handle the four dragon knights?” Rudolf shouted. It’s kinda hard to hear if there’s a lot of explosion near you.

“Exceria and I will finish them off! Go get your arm tested for a dry run!”

Rudolf just agreed with a smile and then he commanded his Chaos Dragon to dive to a ship. I have a feeling that he will be overdoing it. Rudolf’s insatiable hunger for fights is limitless after all. But he’s still the same as me.

I am facing four dragon knights and four dragons who are supposed to be a saint or something. Normally, I would flee in fear even if Airi’s here. But this is different. I’m currently riding the most powerful dragon of all time. An immortal Cathedral priestess who witnessed Vesryn herself.

“Mister Amphere.”  Exceria grabbed my attention by using telepathy. “Let’s try our Dracaryx. I think our power can annihilate them all at once immediately.”

It’s a laughing matter that I can already use Dracaryx with a dragonoid whom I just met a week ago. Almost impossible. But Exceria is already an impossibility! I completely trust her words, with all my heart and soul.

I held my chest, activated my Eye of Deus and shouted.

“Let’s do this!”