Chapter 69: The Finals

Cleru Neos

Let’s skip our “extravagant” entrance in this grand finale of the tournament. There’s nothing extraordinary. Well maybe except the loud trumpets, fireworks, and some violin performance before the game. Amphere’s fangirls are still annoying as ever, while I was being called as a garbage hobo again. This day isn’t so different from the other seventh day where we fight until our enemy’s shield plate gets depleted.

The emcee is still trying hard to state all our descriptions, so I took my time to gaze upon the higher stage; the place where the eleven general sits, and also, the princess. Seris has this nervous but composed gaze on me, but she’s giving a frown. Maybe she’s still unsure about our own plan at all.

Dragunov wants me to win the tournament, and never help the passing of the Dragonoid Rights Bill. Whatever that crazy old man is thinking, is no good. He even threatened to kill me and the princess.  But I cannot have another dragon knight to take Seris’ hand. I can’t let Amphere win. That is why I filled my resolve to defeat this cunt in this very fight.

I know Dragunov much, that he only wanted a war to happen. He wanted Amphere to be a Royal Knight to give him spotlight to the ignorant dragonoids. There are rumors that Amphere promised to support the Dragonoid Rights Bill. But without Seris’ support to the bill, all the dragonoids will lose their hope and trust to him. The hatred of all dragonoids will be focused on that fake hero. It won’t be hard for Dragunov to control them and make them lose hope on humanity, igniting another dragonoid war. And that will make money for him once again.

Seris and I had a plan for this, but we don’t know if it will work. I’ll be the Princess’ knight, and we will never support the bill. I couldn’t care less if there’s a war. If one condition will succeed, Dragunov might spare us. Having the Dragonoid Rights Bill go to the trash bin is enough to make the Fourth Dragonoid War. Seris’ safety comes in my top priority.

“Let the final battle begin!” The emcee shouted. I almost forgot that I was attending the most crucial day of my life!

“Activating Vesryn Pulse!” Me and my enemy shouted at the same time. Jasmine and Airelina transformed into a Rainbow Dragon and Chimeratech Dragon, respectively, and the both gave off a ferocious roar that made the earth tremble.

This is the finals. We don’t have time to stay relaxed and play with our swords. We’ll start with our dragons clashing and unleash a Dracaryx once they’re wide open! I know Amphere Harrison is thinking the same way too!

The crimson Chimeratech Dragon rocketed forward and tried to crush us with its photon pincers, but my Rainbow Dragon evaded it in the nick of time to fly upward. In return, Jasmine, my dragon, fired eight elemental balls from her wings at once. The enemy dragon, with its superior speed boosted to evade fire, ice, water, earth, and electric balls. The remaining projectiles was destroyed by the lasers of Amphere’s dynamos. Then the Chimeratech jetted upwards, breaking the sound barrier! They are planning a head-on collision!

We’re not backing down! Jasmine dived and their lizard heads collided with a huge shockwave, giving both dragons pain they immediately regretted. I jumped out of my dragon’s head and prepared a heavy slash to my enemy with my rainbow scimitar, but Amphere blocked it with his glowing glass sword. I managed to make him a step backward. I was about to make a kick but then he revealed his second photon saber which he slashed through me! I barely evaded it, but the tip of his blade hurt my shield. It scraped ten percent of mine.

I jumped back to my Rainbow Dragon’s head and tried to talk to her. “How’re you?” I muttered.

It’s no good, Cleru. We forgot that Chimeratech Dragon’s head is made of pure steel. I’ll pass out once we do that again. Jasmine said telepathically.

Suddenly, there were three photon balls that chased us in midair! My dragon flew and evaded two of it by tilting sidewards. The last photon ball was about to hit her, but I was there to intercept the photon ball with my sword, tearing it in half.

We can’t win this fight if it keeps going on like this. Amphere already got me on the edge of the cliff. His Chimeratech Dragon packs a lot of firepower and armaments that we barely avoided. Aside from that, Airelina is the fastest dragonoid around. We have to think of a powerful attack if we wanted to get the upperhand!

I know! I have to use all the power I got!

“Get ready!” I said to Jasmine as she balanced herself in the stratosphere. “DRACARYX!!! Activate Rainbow Road!”

The Rainbow Dragon revealed the full extent of her gorgeously colorful wings just how a peacock reveals its assets. As the sun reflects its rays, roygivib colored lasers blasted out with a lightspeed, destroying my opponent in his wake.

There is no way for the fastest dragonoid alive to evade that flash-like beam. But before the colorful laser hit them, the Chimeratech Dragon pulled out her knight and covered him with her metal plated body. The crimson dragon even projected a spherical gamma-ray force field to block my Dracaryx, but all of us know that it will only lessen the effect of my attack just a little bit. If she’s unlucky, she will die protecting his master in this very tournament.

There was a loud explosion and black smoke in the point of impact. As we wait for the result, Jasmine, in her humanoid form with wings, helps me land safely on the sandy arena. After mustering all her strength left to put me gently back to the ground, she fell on her knees. She’s suffering from the after effect of her Dracaryx after all. 

There was a loud clank as a gigantic spherical metal crashes on the ground. It came from the point of the Rainbow Road’s impact. The metallic ball collapsed, which revealed two people who are supposed to be finished with my most powerful attack. It was the unscathed Amphere, and his wounded dragonoid Airelina in human form. There is some blood on Airelina’s forehead that drips to the dusty floor, but she’s still giving this dedicated smile.

“C-Can you still fight?” Amphere asked his dragonoid. But the scarlet-haired maiden energetically replied with a fistpump.

 “You sacrificed three of your Deus Ex Machina Arms to block the residue beams, so all I got here is a scratch on my forehead. I can still kick some ass, totally!”

Amphere made a heavy sigh. “I’m glad that you’re fine. Thank you for shielding me again, by the way.”

“It’s a wife’s job to protect his husband after all. Totally!” Airelina made a blush. Seriously, this conversation of theirs makes me forget myself that we were still in the middle of the fight! But suddenly, Airelina fixated a glance at me with a determined gaze. “Let’s show him the power of our love, Amphy!”

Amphere nodded hurriedly as he held his chest. “DRACARYX!!! Activate Yggdrasil Fall!”

The enemy dragonoid revealed her robotic wings and tail as she gained altitude. She had her words on her mouth. Since the enemy Dracaryx is so powerful, it needed a chant or words of activation. If I can stop her from finishing the chant, then they can’t cast it!

I’m all on my own now. Jasmine already lost consciousness because of casting Rainbow Road. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t win this. I have 80% shield plate remaining, and Amphere has 57%. Stopping the Yggdrasil Fall would mean that I can finally defeat him!

I jumped forward, aiming my rainbow scimitar to the scarlet-haired dragonoid. But then I got smashed by a gigantic mechanical arm, which made me roll three times on the floor! When I realized it, I saw my enemy knight being covered in a messed up half body of a robot titan. Deus Ex Machina. Because of my Dracaryx earlier, the Deus Ex Machina only has one arm left.

“I won’t let you touch Airi!” Amphere shouted.