Chapter 15: Dragon Clash Royale

Amphere Harrison

"Geez, totally! Wake up already!"

It was Airi's worried voice. As I slowly open my eyes, I found her face just a few centimeters from mine. She's anxious. She's grabbing my collar and shaking my body which made my vision a lot more blurry. Darn, I'm still sleepy. It's not even morning already.

"I'm sorry Amphy, but I have to do this! Totally!" She shouted. And then punched me directly to my face!

"Uwahak!" I held my aching nose. I immediately stand up and glared at her furiously. Now I'm wide awake! "W-What was that for!?"

I find myself still inside the cave, but there was no light. They must have turned the bonfire off for some reason. My eyes adjusted in the dark, now completely able to perceive Airi's face. I scanned the surroundings and noticed that the student council president, the unmasked Black Phantom, and Rudolf gearing up.

"Good thing you already woke up." Rudolf said. "We have to get away from here as soon as possible. We're under attack."

I turned to Airi then tried to scold her. "Was that punch necessary to wake me up? You could've just splashed some water in me!"

"I did it to save you, totally!" She angrily pushed her face towards mine as she held her hips. Her expression is rather cute.

Meanwhile, President Reina was channeling her short sword with yellow particles of light. She was murmuring, or rather, chanting her weapon. It must be a Sword Spell, a process of using magic with a sword instead of a staff. Only the masters of magic and sword arts are able to create a powerful spell like this!

"Lightsurge!" the president shouted. A golden laser emerged from her sword that made a hole upwards this cave. It destroyed everything in its path until it reached the surface. Once the laser faded, a giant pathway revealed itself.

"Let's go!" Rudolf shouted.

We reached the surface in time. It's still dark in this forest, but there are shooting projectiles in the skies. Those...are dragons. So even at night they are still fighting, shooting each other with everything they got. This is getting a lot more like a real battlefield.

"We...We're surrounded." The president clicked her tongue.

Several shadows emerged, circling our position. There were twenty...No, above thirty of them. Some of them withdrew different shaped swords. And others had their red eyes glare at our soul, giving us complete despair.

But our will is not broken. Alder drew his golden rapier with a smirk on his face as Emy revealed ice shards from her hands. Rudolf readied a kendo stance with his thick broadsword as for Kyrie...an orb of darkness materialized from her palms. Kyrie is expert in dark and light magic. The president also withdrew her blade but her dragonoid Eva took out her magical staff. This is the proof that this dragonoid girl is not just cosplaying.

I gave my other photon sword to Airi and readied ourselves. Using Vesryn Pulse in this chaotic place is just our secondary option. We want little attention as possible. If we're able, we wanted to defeat these guys in our dragonoid's human form.

"Here they come!" Eva shouted as soon as several knights jumped above us! All of us who are wielding a sword blocked their sky attack and drove them away as we deflected their sword. Some were disarmed, some fell, but others are strong enough to back off a little and not get injured by our synchronized block.

"Activating Vesryn Pulse!" Several voices mixed that broke the silence of the night.

The enemies held their chest that glowed with thin light. Their dragonoids had their bodies filled with radiance as they shaped themselves into lizards of different colors. There are about sixteen of them, and they completely surround us! There's no way we can survive this!

"All of you run!" Reina shouted seriously. "They are all after me, so you don't have to get eliminated."

That makes complete sense. Reina Fleuret is the student council president, and her abilities are widely known in the whole world. They fear her magical and battle capabilities, and her brilliance in the battlefield is topnotch. Dragon knights would certainly finish her off first in order to remove their biggest obstacle in the tournament. If I wasn't in this group, I should've done the same and ambush her. Though I didn't know her a bit...

"Don't make me laugh." Alder said with a smirk. Then he grabbed his chest. "Activating Vesryn Pulse!"

"I will never leave a fellow Chevalier Unit member behind." Rudolf said in a composed tone. "Activating Vesryn Pulse!"

Emy and Kyrie's body was engulfed with golden light as they transformed themselves into their dragon form. Kyrie's dragon form is a seven meter dragon that is equipped with golden armor. A golden helmet with dark feathers was protecting her head. Golden gauntlets and plate mail shimmered as it reflected the moonlight. Her black and white wings stays the same appearance but larger. She is a Chaos Dragon.

Ice dragon and Chaos dragon ruled the place with their deafening roar. Because of this showoff, the president and I was filled with determination.

"What about you, Amphere?" Reina looked at me. Her eyes are showing off her blazing spirit.

"We'll do it, totally!" Airi jumped in our conversation before I could speak. So all I can do is nod with the beautiful lady in response.

"Activating Vesryn Pulse!" The two of us shouted as we grabbed our glowing hearts.

Eva transformed into a peculiar being. Her dragon form has a blue skin and humanoid upper body. Her lower body consists of her long tail that could reach five meters. Her golden head has a crimson horn above it, and she has a long bluish silver hair that can reach her hips. Her wings look more like fairy's, which is why she is called a Fairy Dragon.

All of the knights rode their dragon's head hastily, preparing themselves for this dragon battle royale.

Sixteen versus four. This might be a one sided battle. Or if we're lucky, we can survive this. Looking at my comrades, I know that they are skilled. I know how powerful the Black Phantom and the President is. And Rudolf...He is the most powerful dragon knight I've ever seen. If what he said about them being part of the Chevalier Unit, we can definitely win this.

Airi launched to the air as soon as I telepathically commanded. Aerial battles are Airi's forte in her dragon form. Three dragons followed us with their knights on their head. This is our basic lure tactic, our airstrike!

Airi morphed her dragon claws into chain gatling guns and fired numerous bullets to the dragons. We succeeded in thrashing a knight with barrages of bullets, leaving his Shield Plate at zero percent! But the other two managed to evade and block the bullets!

Ice ball and dark ball came in soaring to hit the two chasing dragons, which finished our opponents off as they fall to the ground. It was Ice Dragon's and Chaos Dragon's attack! I thanked them with a smile. If it wasn't for them, I could've been eliminated in this tournament.

Now that I think of it, Alder seems to be a good guy. Or maybe he's still wearing his mask, trying to win my trust and ruin my loyalty to Estoff and Airi. I should be careful. That ice ball might be directed to us if I let my guard down.

[Dragon Knight's Tournament Participants = 112 -> 99]