Chapter Thirteen

Gingerly, he tried to remove the hand without waking Lord D'Anvers. How long had he been there? What had-? The next instant, he found his own hand taken and trapped beneath that of his lordship, both of them now pressing down against his hip. 

"What are you doing, my lord?" he whispered, as firmly as he could. 

"What would would like me to do?" came the husky reply. The voice held just the hint of a smile. 

"You gave me your word!" insisted Jonathan, trying to ignore the warmth of D'Anvers' palm, the pressure of the long slender fingers gripping his own hand. The weight of both hands on his naked hip. 

"You could give it back to me," suggested D'Anvers. "I could show you pleasures beyond your wildest dreams." Very gently he began to move Jonathan's hand, in a long slow caress, down his thigh, then back over his hip, just skirting the edge of his bottom before moving up to his waist. "May I ask, have you lain with a woman yet?" 

Jonathan swallowed and shook his head. 

"Ah. Then lie with me instead," the other man invited. "Let me introduce you to the pleasures of the bed. Give me back my word." 

His mouth was only an inch from his ear, Jonathan could feel the gentle heat of his breath, the solidness of his body pressing against his back. All his hairs stood on end. 

A wild part of Jonathan he hadn't known existed till that moment, didn't want D'Anvers to stop. It wanted rather desperately to see what D'Anvers would do next. He could feel his erection stiffening between his legs - was D'Anvers going to touch him there? He held his breath, waiting. 

But D'Anvers was waiting for his answer, his hand still. 

That short pause was enough to bring Jonathan to his senses. Good god, what was he doing? 

Horrified by his own reaction as much as anything, Jonathan leapt out of bed like a scalded cat, his hands tugging at his nightshirt to cover himself. 

"I hold you to your word, my Lord. Please leave me alone!" 

D'Anvers' eyes flared for a moment before he smiled. Damnit, he had been so close! 

"Of course. If that's what you want." Deliberately, he threw back the covers, allowing Jonathan a clear view of his nakedness, his erection full and heavy between muscular thighs, before he stood up and reached for the robe he had dropped at the end of the bed. 

Jonathan stared, he couldn't help himself. 

"Let me know when you change your mind." Lord D'Anvers tossed the words over his shoulder as he left.