Chapter 39

I was kind of getting tired of waking up alone. Even though it had only been maybe three mornings in a row, it was frustrating. My same old alarm went off for the thousandth time, and I shut it off just how I always did: in anger. Anything or anyone that interrupted my sleep was not thought kindly of.

When I rolled out of Zayn's bed, I was less than comfortable. My neck was sore, the floor was cold, and I didn't realize I wasn't wearing shorts. I walked over to the trash bags I was so beautifully living out of, and tried to find some clothes that smelt and looked decent. By the time I found jeans and underwear, and drenched one of my favorite shirts in perfume, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I didn't turn around as I put on my socks. I knew who it was.

"Good morning." Zayn said.

"We'll see about that." I stood up from the bed and walked past him, heading for the bathroom.

"Are we going to talk..."

"Can I pee first...?" I was being rude, and I know that. But, when someone hurts you over and over again, I feel like bitchy tendencies are justifiable. That doesn't really make it right....but in that moment I obviously didn't care.

I took longer in the bathroom than I should've, in all honesty. All I did was pee and put on some makeup. I knew it seemed like I was doing more than I was, but I was actually kind of nervous to walk out. Zayn was waiting on the other side of the door, and I didn't want to face him. As strong as I was trying to be, him and I knew it wouldn't last. I knew eventually I was just going to get a good look at him and break down.

I left the bathroom as quietly as possible, and surprisingly, Zayn wasn't standing in the hallway. He was laying in his bed. "Ready?" I asked.

"Not until we talk."

"Zayn we're going to be late. We can talk in the car."

"Nope. It's here or never."

"If you really wanna be that way.." I wasn't putting up with him being stubborn. That was my job.

 I walked over and leaned next to his dresser, grabbing my bag. "What are you doing?" He asked sitting up. The blanket that was covering his whole body revealed that he was already dressed. Made sense considering his hair was done too.

"Apparently I'm walking."

"Daisy that's like a ten mile walk." He swung his feet over the edge of the bed.

"Are you going to drive me, then?"

"Depends."

"Nope. I'm walking." I left his room, and he didn't follow me.

Stepping out the front door was a nightmare come to life. The cold air smacked me in the face, and I wanted to run back inside. Even in jeans and a long-sleeve shirt, it was freezing outside. I made my way down the rock pathway that could be reffered to as Zayn's ridiculously long driveway, my arms crossed. The only thing that was actually a bit warm was my back thanks to my bookbag. But, it wasn't enough to keep me from shivering.

I got further down the road than I thought I would. I was near town when Zayn pulled up beside me. A rush of air whipped around me from his car, causing my body to shake even more.

"Are you insane?!" Zayn was running to my side, wrapping a black jacket of his around me. "Are you trying to kill yourself?! You can't just walk out here on the side of the highway, Daisy!"

"If you don't stop screaming I'm not getting in that car."

"You don't have a choice!" His arm met the back of my legs, swooping me up before I could object, and placed me into the passenger side of the car. It took me a minute to get my bag off in the small space of the front seat, but I got it off eventually - Zayn's jacket falling with it.