Chapter 31 pt2

•••

Zayns POV

•••

"Thank you..for everything." She repeated for probably the tenth time that night.

"Don't thank me yet...the trips only just begun." I started the car and turned the heat on full blast.

"We better be back for Thanksgiving, Zayn. I swear." She threatened me. I loved how cute she looked when she tried to act tough.

"We will! Don't worry. I just thought it'd be nice to spend Thanksgiving break away from that god awful town." As much as I didn't want to have that dinner with my mum, I knew the both of them were really looking forward to it. Mum had already bought tons of food and was looking up recipes...I wasn't going to be the one to mess it up for either of them.

"It is not that bad." She spoke of her hometown.

"It was. Until you began to talk to me." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Her cold skin made me feel bad about the dinner I arranged. I figured it'd be a bit chilly, but I didn't think there would be so much wind.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to know you sooner..." She broke the silence.

"It was my fault, really." I shrugged, and it was. All of those years thinking about her, and I could never muster up the courage to approach her. "I knew who you were, and I creepily watched you for years...just never said hello."

"Well that doesn't make me uncomfortable at all." I almost panicked until she laughed. I didn't want to freak her out, but it was the truth.

"Honesty. Trying to keep honest."

"I know." I was glad to hear she understood and wasn't scared.

I rubbed her thigh as I drove back to the hotel in hopes to warm her up, but her shuttering body told me I was no use. And, as if things weren't bad enough, it had begun to rain. I felt awful. I wrapped my arm around Daisy's shoulder and held her close as we ran over the wet tarmac.

"Are you ok?" I asked once we were safe into the lobby.

"I'm fine! Are you alright? I'm more worried about you." She was laughing as she rubbed my bare arms.

"You've got to stop worrying about me. Come on." I was a bit cold, but I grew up in harsh conditions. I was used to the rain, so I had to have been better off than she was.

We got into the lift and I reached for her hand. The silence of the small space was uncomfortable, but that may have just been because of my thoughts. I was anticipating what may or may not have been waiting in the hotel room. She had wanted me before, so I'd hoped she'd want me again....

The hallway leading to our room was even quieter than the lift, the silence practically ringing in my ears. I got the room key from my back pocket and slid it into the door, but the lights above the handle didn't even flicker. "It must've gotten wet." I informed Dais before trying to dry the card under my damp shirt. I was certain the key was about to work when my arm was pulled, forcing my body to turn toward my girl, her lips crashing onto my own.

I kept trying to get the door open as her lips worked wonders with mine, the movement of her hips nearly making me forget about the door and just having her in the hall. "Is it still not working?" She asked against my neck.

"NO." I was growing frustrated as the blasted red light continued to stay solid. The more I slid the key in, the more hopeless my endeavor became. I was ready to give up when Daisy pried the key card from my hands, drying it on her undershirt. I practically had my fingers crossed as she put it into the door, but I was doubtful until that green light lit up.