Log 1: New Director

WELCOME DIRECTOR.....

AUTHORIZING....

NEW TERMINAL ENTRY....

Shaun is gone. How can he have left me already? It seems like only days ago I arrived to the Institute, just to see my sweet baby boy turned into a man of 60. I only got to know him for a matter of weeks before he passed. I would have savored every second more, if only I knew how little time he had. The things I did, the people I've killed. All for him. For the Institute. I'll carry through on my promise to him. The Institute will thrive, and is in good hands. 

The reactor is online, and the Railroad and Brotherhood defeated, for now. But they'll be back. The Railroad will try to recuperate and build themselves back up, but they wont be able to last. After I lead the charge, their HQ under the Old North Church was no more. I still remember the glint of hurt from my betrayal in Desdemona's eyes. They never stood a chance with all the coursers that were relayed in. A bit poetic, them being destroyed by the very beings they tried so hard to "Help." After the dust settled, we went over all the data available. Through their terminals, and though PAM's mainframe. We dispatched teams of coursers and destroyed any safe houses or stockpiles they still had and simultaneously found numerous synths they had hidden. But they're still out there. Licking their wounds. They may try to rally once again, but they can't ever beat the Institute.

The Brotherhood was harder. Much harder. When I escaped Vault 111, they were there for me. I helped them in their time of need, and they helped me. I made friends, people I cared for. Danse, Scribe Haylen, and Ingram of course. But once I found out about Shaun's involvement in the Institute, I couldn't let them destroy what he had created. They were heavily fortified at the airport, but I lead a strong offense. With their generators taken out, synths poured in left and right. It just happened by chance that it was me that had to come face to face with Danse. My friend. He looked at me with a sneer, and began firing at me, his face twisted into a look of rage and disgust. He trusted me once. With a few precise shots, he hit the ground, his body slack. After a wave of fighting, I made it to the bridge of the Prydwen. The guards all killed, just me and Maxon. The lunatic in charge of the whole operation. Why? Why couldn't this post-apocalyptic Hitler just leave well enough alone? The Institute could have stayed a hidden secret, but he just had to roll in and spew his garbage about synths being an abomination. His death was the only one I reveled in. The Prydwen fell in a massive fireball, and at that moment, the Commonwealth knew who was in control. The few survivors that escaped will run back to the larger chapters of the Brotherhood, but with the reactor online, the Institute will soon be unstoppable. 

When I returned, Shaun was on his deathbed. We shared his final moments, and I made my promise to him, that the Institute would carry on, under my watch. My guidance. That's a promise I intend to keep. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters within the Fallout universe. This is all copyrighted and under the jurisdiction, control, and ownership of Bethesda Studios. This is just a bit of fan fiction to give myself and other players a bit of closure for the lack-luster endings to the game.