Log 4: Cambridge Polymer Labs

WELCOME DIRECTOR...

AUTHORIZING...

NEW TERMINAL ENTRY...

We're having some troubles here in the Institute. I haven't been getting along with Dr. Ayo as of late. We can't seem to see eye to eye on most things, and he just gets huffy and childish when I disagree with him. I have come to understand why the directorates have such problems trying to cooperate with the SRB. He can't seem to see the other divisions as equally important, and his attitude of superiority will not be tolerated. I have told him that from now on, all directorates and divisions will treat each other with respect and dignity, no matter their job, and punishment will follow those that do not uphold this order. I am keep finding myself thinking back to Liam Binet's offer framing of Dr. Ayo. I still feel I was right to turn him in, and the hard labor of construction with the synths seems to be a fitting punishment. He's a good kid, but working with the enemy will not be tolerated. With the Railroad destroyed, he shouldn't be able to cause anymore problems, but he'll forever been on a watch list. Alan and Eve are just glad he's still here.  

Whenever Ayo and I butt heads, I always like to go to the surface to clear my thoughts. Always getting a real view of the Common Wealth really helps me get my priorities in line. It's a great way to clear my head and to go trekking across the common wealth, with X6 at my side. At any given time, the Institute has several key areas that require an above ground agent to deal with or to scout out. I'm still acting as Kellogg's and Shaun's replacement, so I have kept the duties of both. It's always a welcome rush of adrenaline when I've secured a located for the Institute and fought off hordes of ghouls, raiders, or gunners. Every so often I go off on my own to investigate something that I believe may hold promise for the Institute, and several of these times have paid off quite well. 

The first major find was when I walked into Cambridge Polymer Labs with X6 to poke around a bit. I was greeted by an old Mr. Handy named Molly, and she "employed" us as part of the research staff. Nutty old bots. But I was more and more interested as she told me about the work that had been done here, so I played along with being a "researcher" until she locked us in the lab. She told us we would not be released until the research was completed, as per the directors orders. Our radios were cut off from the Institute, so we had no way to relay out. X6 and I quickly dispatched the ghouls within the labs, and talked strategy. I said we should give it a try to complete the project, and if we couldn't just bust out of the place guns blazing. He solemnly nodded and we  went to work. Going through the terminal entries was rather horrifying, to see the position these people were in, but they also held the key to our escape. We hunted all over the labs to find the gold, lithium hydride, and uranium 238. We placed them in the armor manufacturing station, and were successful in using Dr. Erika Elwood's method of making the gold absorb electrons at an oblique angle to create electrical power. Our efforts were rewarded with a new piece of Piezonucleic power armor. After this was completed, we were let out of the lab and made our way back to the Institute. We gave the power armor to Dr. Li, who was fascinated by such a way to generate a continuous supply of power to Institute power armor though radiation, and advanced systems quickly went to work creating their own version of Piezonucleic polymer coatings for Institute power armor. This will greatly reduce the number of fusion cores needed by the Institute, all because of a little intuition. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters within the Fallout universe. This is all copyrighted and under the jurisdiction, control, and ownership of Bethesda Studios. This is just a bit of fan fiction to give myself and other players a bit of closure for the lack-luster endings to the game.