Leo Valdez

Leo Valdez

Everyone was strapped into armor and prepared for an intense battle. Leo glanced nervously at Jason and Percy. Percy seemed relaxed and calm yet alert. Jason looked somewhat demonic. He must've not gotten enough sleep thought Leo as he shrugged it off. Everyone looked up as Reyna rode in on her Pegasus.

"Romans! The Greeks shall be joining us for a game of War Games. Jason shall be joining the First and Second cohorts, while Percy will be joining the Third, Fourth, and Fifth cohorts. Fight bravely and may the best team win! Senatus Populusque Romanus!" Reyna shouted. Adrenaline surged through Leo's body and he screamed along with everyone else.

"Leo!" Annabeth shouted. "Get Hazel and Frank over here!" Leo decided it was wise not to question Annabeth.

"Yo! Hazel and Frank! Get your soft cushies over here!" Leo shouted at them. The shouting was unnecessary considering they were right next to him.

"Okay, okay." Hazel said with a giggle. Frank looked at her strangely, and Hazel quickly stopped. They both hurried to Annabeth leaving Leo dumbfounded. Everything happened at once. One minute everyone was waiting for the battle, the next everyone was on the battlefield slaughtering each other.

"Joy." Leo muttered walking over to Annabeth and the others.

"Hazel you could use you power to-" Percy was cut short as Leo approached.

"Hey Leo. Where were you?" Annabeth asked with a frown.

"Up and about," he replied with a shrug.

"Okay?" Percy asked questionably.

"Never mind. Continue with the plan, Percy." Hazel said in frustration. Leo tuned out everything else stared at Hazel. Gods she was beautiful. Leo felt like he knew everything about her. He wondered if she felt the connection too. There was a rumble and Leo looked over.

"Is that Gaia?" Leo asked while pulling out a sledgehammer from his tool belt. He noticed no one else was worrying and lowered his weapon. Hazel was concentrating and staring at the earth so he put two-and-two together and guessed she was the one doing this. A hole appeared and they all jumped in. Percy had his sword out illuminating a faint light. They all crept carefully and another hole appeared, but going up.

"Go Percy. We're closing off on the side so you lead them away." Frank ordered him. Percy leaped out.

"Leo can you flank him and lead them off as well?" Piper suggested without using her charm speak.  Leo nodded and quickly hopped out of the hole before it closed. Percy seemed surprised to see him, but accepted it with no hesitation. He looked focused and seemed to be calculating a plan.

"Annabeth says all your plans end in disaster." Leo said nervously trying to lighten the mood.

"Technically, this was Annabeth's plan, but I added more Percy to it." Percy said grinning. Suddenly, they were both spotted.

"There they are!" cried a scrawny boy holding a teddy bear. This was strange even in demigod standards. They both jumped out from their hiding spot and ran the opposite direction as the other group. Percy came near the Little Tiber and stopped. With his sword in hand, Percy created a mini-hurricane around himself and started attacking. Leo now understood why the guy was so famous back at Camp Half-Blood. Leo helped Percy, smashing at everyone with his hammer. Out of the corner of his eye, Leo spotted the group carrying the other team's banners.

"Percy!" Leo shouted glancing at the group.

"Go without me!" Percy shouted as viciously fought the group. A lot of them had already dispersed, but a few stayed trying to fight him off. Leo didn't need to be told twice so he quickly went to go defend his friends.

"Drop your weapons." Leo came just in time to hear Piper say that.

"Beauty Queen!" Leo whined as he dropped his weapon. She snickered and continued to charm speak the group. Leo quickly jumped on Hannibal with Annabeth and Hazel.

"Where's Frank?" Leo asked Hazel trying to make conversation.

"He jumped off to defend the banners a few ways back because Hannibal was being overwhelmed." Hazel replied with a smile. She must really like this guy Leo thought grimly. Hannibal made it back to friendly territory and the winning team erupted into cheers.

"I'm really disappointed." Piper said sitting down next to the group.

"Why?" Annabeth asked teasingly poking her.

"Percy and Jason never got to fight. I didn't even see him throughout the entire game!" Piper complained a little loudly. Romans glanced up and looked at her strangely.

"Let's go get get Percy." Annabeth said a little too giddy. Leo rolled his eyes. The group left the banners on Hannibal and Leo led them to where he last saw Percy. They found Percy by the edge of the Little Tiber looking real calm.

"Hey." he said not looking away from the water.

"Let's go celebrate a victory! You guys are so depressing." Piper announced punching Leo on the shoulder.

"What the Hades was that for?" Leo shouted at Piper with a pout. She shrugged. Percy got up with his sword still gleaming.

"Percy look out!" Hazel shouted and Percy's sword was raised just in time to defend himself. Jason looked angry. He quickly went to attack again, but this time Percy was ready. He raised the water at Jason and froze it. Jason was caught inside with only his head sticking out.

"You will regret this day, Perseus." Jason growled menacingly.

"Hey Nereus, long time no see. Would you like to tell us where Jason might be?" Percy asked with a smirk.