Jason Grace

Jason Grace

Annabeth quickly unsheathed her knife and got into battle position. Jason was hesitant but he took out the knife, Katoptris, that Piper had lent him because his gladius had been broken.

"LOWER YOU WEAPONS, ROMANS!" a voice boomed throughout the field. Jason was relieved a god had come to help them. The owner of the voice came out of the crowd flanked by both Aurum and Argentium. His Praetor cloak billowed behind him. He practically hummed with power. Jason was sure this wasn't a god considering he wore a Praetor cloak. He could possibly be one of the Lares. That's when Jason realized who the boy was.

"Thank the gods you're here." Reyna said in relief. The boy looked about 16 years old, but he held a stern expression.

"We do not treat our guests this way!" He exclaimed. "We are here to welcome them. I find any of them injured by a Roman hand, there will be consequences!" everyone lowered their weapons and swiftly nodded.

"Please return to you daily activities! We shall prepare for evening muster and war games soon!" Reyna ordered the campers. The Roman campers dispersed, but they were careful not to bump into the Praetors. Jason looked cautiously at the boy with unruly hair and sea-green eyes. His eyes held its own mysteries and held that expression that he was not one to mess with.

"I am so sorry that we had to meet in such unfortunate events. I am Percy Jackson." the boy told him all seriousness melting away into a fun and playful tone.

"I-I'm Jason Grace." He stammered and mentally cursed at himself. He couldn't afford to look weak. Reyna smiled warmly at him.

"The camp is delighted to have you back, Jason." Reyna informed him kindly. She glanced over at Annabeth and frowned. Annabeth looked longingly at Percy.

"Percy?" She whispered. Percy regarded her carefully and asked, "Annabeth?" Reyna looked back-and-forth between Annabeth and Percy. Reyna shrugged and started to tug Jason toward the Principia. He gently pried off her arms and looked at her apologetically. He started to run towards the ship hoping Reyna would understand.

"Come out guys!" Jason called into the ship. His voice echoed throughout the Argo II. He heard people running and Jason quickly jumped off the bridge. Only the camp leaders were here, but it sounded like the entire camp was here from that noise. He glanced back at Annabeth and Percy to see Annabeth dropping her knife and jumping into Percy's arms. She was about to punch him, but he easily stopped her with a kiss. Percy must have already told Aurum and Argentium to heel.

Suddenly, they were surrounded by campers forcing Percy and Annabeth to break apart. People whistled and nudged him teasingly. Percy rolled his eyes and punched them lightly. Reyna headed to the Principia by herself, but glanced back at Jason. She glared at him and continued to march toward the Principia.

"Guys! Guys! We have to go to the Senate House for a meeting, but I will be sure to show you guys the ropes soon." Percy told everyone laughing. Annabeth seemed happy now, but she was not a girl to get emotional. She followed Percy to the Pomeranian Line and everyone else was in hot pursuit. There was a tap on Jason's shoulder and he spun around.

"Are you gonna go or are we loners now?" Leo asked. Jason glared at him. He put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Did you get to see Percy Jackson yet?" Piper asked him. Jason nodded.

"Let's go guys! I wanna meet him!" Leo said jumping up and down. He zipped to the group leaving Piper and Jason.

"That boy gets to much sugar for his own good." Jason said shaking his head.

"You're the one that gives it to him." Piper pointed out while pulling Jason towards the group.

"It is something I regret painfully." Jason replied dramatically. Piper giggled and linked her arm with his. Piper suddenly let go and raced toward the Senate House.

"Last one there is a Mama Gasket!" Piper shouted back at him. Jason looked at her astonished. He got out of his shock soon enough and raced towards her. She was already inside and in a seat when he reached her.

"You're late." Reyna said glaring at him. She must've just wanted to talk him instead of actual work at the Principia. Piper sat in her seat calmly like she was there the entire time.

"I'm sorry I just-" Reyna cut him off.

"Just sit!" She demanded. Jason hurriedly sat by his fellow Camp Half-Blood friends.

"I would like to apologize for this rushed meeting, and the lack of our dear friend Terminus at the borderlines. This is an emergency though. I would like to have a formal vote of who is to be Praetor." Percy announced formally.

"For Jason." Reyna continued. A few put up their hands. Jason felt a little disappointed, but it was their choice not his.

"For Percy." Reyna announced. The rest of the Senate raised their hand. Percy seemed agitated by this, but stayed silent.

"It is decided then." Percy spoke gruffly.

"Is there a problem?" Reyna asked Percy curiously. He sighed.

"It's just that I don't want to be Praetor." Percy admitted solemnly. Jason was astonished of this guy. He was able to earn Praetorship in a week and yet he refused it?

"The Senate has voted and it is final." Jason said in a strained voice. Percy smiled at Jason regretfully, but Jason turned his head so he wouldn't see Percy.

"Are you okay?" Piper mouthed at him. He nodded and managed a smile.

"Meeting adjourned, and we will discuss plans for the Great Prophecy tomorrow evening after the Greeks are settled." Percy announced and the Senate went their separate ways. Jason stood up, but instantly sat back down. Piper and Leo looked at him funny.

"You okay, bro?" Leo asked him. He nodded and instantly regretted it. He grabbed his head and moaned in pain. Jason fell off the chair and Annabeth quickly ran over to lift him up. Piper and Leo seemed to be in shock. Jason groaned as they dragged him to the Little Tiber. Jason wanted to ask why they weren't in the infirmary, but he was in too much pain to say anything right now. Annabeth let go and gave him to someone else. Jason looked up to see the face of Percy Jackson. That was the last thing he saw before Percy jumped and dragged Jason down with him.