The Truth Comes Out

Well, the video is a little trailer thingy that I made really quick. It's kinda crappy, but oh well, the story needed one. So yeah. Also, just ignore the little 'Music provided by' thing at the end. I did not put that there, it's like mandatory or whatever by the video editing people.

   I stared at Noah and Ambruh, taking in the whole situation. Did I really need Ambruh around? Would it even matter if I told her to leave right now? Would she really help me take down The Society? This whole thing was really getting confusing. Who thought that taking down the people that took over the world would be so hard?

"Look, I know you may not like having someone you don't know helping you do this, but think of it this way, you don't really know me, do you Avory? So really, letting me help you is just the same as having Ambruh help you. But doing it this way, we've got more help. We've got more of a chance of getting rid of The Society. But you're the leader here. If you want her gone, she's gone." Noah looked into my eyes. I could tell he really thought that she would be able to help. And you know what? It made me jealous. Jealous that he had so much faith in her. Faith that she would be able to make a difference. If he had that much faith in her, then how come he had absolutely no faith in me?

"Fine. If you think she can help, then she can stay. Now, do any of you have a plan as to how we're going to get rid of them?" I asked. Maybe if she doesn't have any good ideas, I'll be able to get rid of her. I mean, if she's not contributing anything to us, then no one can be mad at me for making her leave, right?

"Yeah, I've got one. So they're meeting at the end of this month for the anniversary of when they took over, right? That's when we strike. We go in there at the time they least expect it, which will most likely be when they're eating. So, we watch them. When they start eating, we go in." Ambruh said. Well, so much for her not contributing anything. Of course she would be the one to have a plan.

"And how do you suppose we get in there? Huh? Got an idea for that? It's one of the most heavily guarded buildings in the world. We can't exactly walk in there, guns blazing. They'll kill us before we even get to the door." Maybe that would throw her off? Show her that her plan isn't as good as she thought?

"I've got that covered. You see, the day that they all gather is the day of my seventeenth birthday. I go in there to receive my Other Half, and we go from there. We've got a month, we'll figure it out." Ambruh reassured. At that moment, the moment I realized she was actually going to be a help, I found it very difficult to not like her.

   On the way home, I had the feeling again. The feeling that everyone knew that I was up to no good. That I was breaking all the laws; that I was planning on killing The Society. I looked down, hoping to avoid the eyes of everyone that passed. That was not a good idea.

   As I walked, I bumped in to someone. But not just any someone. Xavier. I hadn't even talked to him once, and I had known he was my Other Half for a week. In a normal case, you would spend every waking moment with your Other Half. But this is different. I found myself unable speak to Xavier. And not because he gave me butterflies. You know, the kind that you get when you're in love? It was quite the opposite, really.

   I couldn't speak to him because I didn’t love him. I knew that the more I spoke to him, the more I would get his hopes up. It would only give him hope that we could be together forever. But that wouldn't happen.

"Uh, hey Xavier." I mumbled, silently cursing to myself. It's just my luck that I would run in to the one person that I've been trying to avoid the most.

"Avory, can I ask you something? Why are you avoiding me? Normally, we'd talk every day, but now, we haven't talked in a week. Not even a hello. Why?" Xavier asked. I looked down. Of course he would ask the one question that I had no intentions of answering. But now he had me cornered. There was no way I could get away without answering it.