| Chapter 21 ❤️ |

A week later and Zonnique and Rayan still weren't on speaking terms. On the outside they looked as if they didn't care but we all know they did on the inside.

Courtney hopped out of her car Thursday morning to a text from Chres.

😽👫🔒❤️🌎💍: They speaking yet?

Mine✊😘👫 : Not yet. I told you to leave it alone. They gone work this out.

😽👫🔒❤️🌎💍 : Aight. Whatever you say.

Mine✊😘👫 : I'm comin in. I'mma meet you by your locker.

She saw Zonnique pull up next to her and climb out of the car.

Zonnique wasn't really bothered by it anymore because of the talk with her mom. She talked to her dad last week as well, and he talked enough sense into her to straighten her up. No more crying.

She walked to her locker grabbing her math book and heading off to class early. When she made it in there she saw Rayan sitting in his seat. She sighed rolling her eyes and taking a seat next to him. It was only those two. The teacher had gone on his morning hallway duty & everyone else was basically in the hallway.

"Birthday comin' up huh?" Rayan tried to start up a conversation.

"Yeah."

"What you think-"

"Please," Zonnique held her hand up."Please stop talking to me."

Rayan held his hands up in surrender as she put hers down.

"Thank you."

After waiting ten minutes he pushed his luck again.

"I don't even know why you mad. You don't even know the full story."

Zonnique growled and rolled her eyes hard looking at him."Then tell me the story."

"Are you gonna interrupt me?" He scoffed.

"Nope," she zipped her mouth.

"Alright look. Mulan came up to me in the hall that week asking me why I ain't call her and back and stuff. I was GONNA tell her about us until she brought up the tickets. I love me some Kanye on no homo shit, so I was like maybe ... just maybe Zonnique won't be selfish and let me go," he shrugged."guess I was wrong."

"So now I'm the-"

"Up, up, baup," he put his hand up."No talking. I get to talk for these next fifteen minutes before class."

"Whatever."

"Look, whatever you thought happened, didn't. Yeah okay maybe we did kiss, once... Or twice. But that was it."

"Are you done now?"

"No. I do admit that I was wrong & the next time a situation like this occurs, I'll tell you. But that's only if ...we fix us."

"Are you done now?" Zonnique folded her arms.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Okay, my turn. You think that just kissing someone 'once or twice' doesn't hurt me?-"

"Zon-"

"My turn!" She slammed her hand on the table making him jump a little.

"Fine, fine. Go."

"How would you feel if I- if I walked up to some random guy and kissed him? How would you feel if I went out with someone I used to fool around with without telling you? What would you think?"