| Chapter 13 ❤️ |

Zonnique pulled away covering her mouth with tears forming in her eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"I-I'm sorry Niq I just-"

"J-just give me a little bit to process this .. I-I'll talk to you later." She fumbled over her words backing away.

Rayan sighed and turned around heading to his first class. When he made it there a bunch of girls told him happy birthday and a handful gave him gifts . He acted normal on the outside but in the inside he wanted to talk to Zonnique.

Speaking of Zonnique she was in class in a complete daze . As her teacher spoke about math problems she was thinking of relationship problems. Before she knew it the bell rang , smacking Zonnique out of her daze. She stumbled out of the class and went on to her next class.

Rayan on the other hand was in the locker room. The boys were extremely quiet today which struck Rayan at odd.

"Aye , what's up ? Y'all alright ?" He removed his shirt.

"Chres and Chris got beef." Craig tied his shoe.

"For what ?" Rayan scrunched his eyebrows.

"Cuz' this nigga want act like a pus-" Chris started until Chresanto cut him off.

"Yo' you better watch yo' damn mouth!"

"Or what? You gone bitch punch me again?"

"Woah , again?" Somebody said in the background.

"Say son I'd beat yo' ass , I put that on my mama!" Chres balled up his fist as a guy held him back.

"Do it then." Chris chuckled.

Chres tried lunging at Chris but the guy held him back.

"I hope you enjoy Courtney like I almost did . Damn I could basically taste her in my mouth." Chris smirked.

"DON'T FUCKING BRING HER INTO THIS!" Chres tried wrestling out of the guys grip.

Before anything else could happen the coach burst through the doors.

"What's going on in here?" The coach put his hands on his hip.

"Nothing Coach , just a new practice exercise ." The guy released Chres as Chres played it off by jumping around a little.

"Yeah. Just a lil' goofing off . Right Chres?" Chris smiled smacking Chres's back hard purposely.

"Yeah , just some fun." Chres put on a fake smile as his blood boiled.

"Alright then, let's go." The coach nodded turning away.

By lunch time Rayan was more than ready to talk to Zonnique again. He felt that he needed to apologize for what he did earlier. Even though he's done it to plenty of other girls, he wanted her to see that he cared about her differently.

While in line Rayan felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Zonnique grinning at him.

"Wassup?" He put on a slight grin stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Nothing much , just wanted to give you your birthday present."

"Oh really? Well hand it over." He held out his hands.

"Wait until we get to the table."

"Aww, okay." He sighed facing forward again.

After getting their lunch they went over to the table with Courtney. Courtney scrunched her eyebrows as Zonnique just smiled.