chapter 1: Behind Heme

The first thing I’ve asked myself time and time again, is, what is heme?  Heme is the nonprotein part of hemoglobin that contains iron.  It is the red fluid that circulates inside the bodies of humans and other vertebrates.  The vampiric race has depended on its vitality to sustain our own lives for as long as this earth has been in existence.  Giving up heme is a decision that must be made straight from the heart.  It can be a very delicate choice to make, but the results you will enjoy will provide you with a promising future.

The first thing we must realize is that heme is the vital liquid that all living creatures need for the sustenance of life.  If we can understand from the very beginning that taking one’s heme is like taking one’s sarcophagus, then it will be easier to read on.

Though we are nothing like our living counterparts, we still require the living fluid in order to perform our various tasks comfortably.  I have discovered a breakthrough in vampiric medicine that it is certainly possible to survive without the red breath of life.

Here are three testimonials of living proof:

Yes, it was hard at first I have to admit.  But my desire for wanting to keep humans safe from my rampages soon outweighed my need.  I’m now clean and feel healthier than I’ve ever in my entire thousand years.  I actually feel stronger.  --homemaker in Wisconsin

I don’t know.  All I know is that I got tired of hearing all the screaming and stuff, you know?  So I decided to retire my gory life to one of quiet living.  I thought I was the only one out there, you know, wanting a change of scenery. Can you believe my seven hundredth birthday is just around the corner?  It works.  I’m on my second decade now of Green Living and haven’t had to look back once--living the life in Scotland

When I first heard of Dr. Bloodlest’s guide or program, I thought it was just plain dumb.  I mean, really?  A vampire turn vegetarian?  I’m such a critic, but a few of my friends dared me and, wow…  All I can say is that it works!  The first thing you’ve gotta do is believe that blood belongs to the living first.  The rest is easy.  --dared and conquered in Australia

Here are some exercises of focus to help redirect your overpowering desire for heme for the next several nights until you feel it flowing inside you.

First thing at night when you arise, consider the underlying reason for your choice.  Remember that whatever it may be, you will achieve the greatest reward in life:  Absolute independence of your appetites. During the middle of your night, as the urge will most likely arise, use the flash cards provided and observe the flow of your essence with each passing one.  The images will aid calm and soothe your craving and facilitate your realization that a healthier, more beautiful you is achievable. As you retire for the full day ahead, say to yourself as you look in the mirror:  Heme was the breath of desire.  Green is the breath of health.  I am strong.  I don’t need heme to be strong.  Green makes me strong.  It will extend my life.  I can do it.  I can do it. Reward yourself for a hard night’s work of pure restraint with recipe #4 found at the end of this book.