Part 8

// Emily's POV \\

I slammed my hands against the wheel in frustration as I was late to my lesson. I went off campus for some lunch and now I'm late and stuck in traffic.

I was up most of the night last night, thoughts of the following day clogging up my mind, surprisingly.

As I parked in the parking lot on campus I pulled down the mirror above my head and checked my appearance. "wow" I mutterd to my self as I noticed I looked extremely tired. Luckily I had a concealer in my car. I put a thin line of it under each eye, rubbing it in.

Once I was happy with how I looked I got out of the car and made my way to media studies.

When I looked around the door in the class room I was already spotted before walking in. "Ahh Emily nice of you to join us" I walked over to his desk. "Sorry Im late sir, where should I sit" I whispered not looking up.

"Over in the corner next to Michael please Emily"

The name Michael clicked in my head instantly, I spun round to see a boy with black hair and a few strands of washed out blue in the front  smirking at me. I recognised him from the party and im pretty sure he was involved in the fight.

***

I had been seated next to Michael for a good 10 minutes and I must say we were getting along quite well. He was telling me little stories about how he ended up on a train to Georgia on his own after a drunk night out. I let out little giggles every now and again.

The whole class were listening to Sir reading a book so we had to stay quiet. But that was slightly impossible sat next to Michael.

My head shot up in Luke's direction and the smile soon faded off my face. His hair was flat and he was slightly unrecognizable with out his snapback on. He sat blankly staring at me from the other side of the room.

I had to draw my eyes from him and back to the book.

// Luke's POV \\

Im going to fucking kill Michael.

He has no idea what was going on with me and Em. Wait, we were nothing?

To see her so distant away from me laughing at his jokes and what ever the fuck he was saying hurt a lot. She hadn't looked up at me once.

I ran a hand through my hair and slouched back in my chair still not taking my eyes off her.

It's been a day, one fricking day and I miss her.

I regret it so much not calling her after that night but what was I suppose to think when I saw her walking round with cal linking arms and laughing.

Her head shot up in my direction making direct eye contact, my heart started beating faster in my chest. A wave of relief hit me when she turned back to her book.

I need something to take my mind off this shit. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted him.

'Party in our dorm tonight, you in?'

I looked up at him and waited for his reaction, he looked up at me grinning nodding slightly.

My phone vibreated and I looked down at the reply.

'deffo ;)'

'good invite anyone, tell them to bring drinks'

Thank god its Friday I thought to my self as the bell rang signaling it was the last lesson.

As I was exciting the classroom walking behind Emily a small slip of paper dropped out of her pocket. As I bent down to pick it up I noticed it had a number scribbled on it and the name 'Michael' written on it.

I watched her walk away and scrunched the piece of paper in my fist.

I made my way to my car and pulled a lighter from the front. I watched as the flame ate up the paper until it was nothing. I sighed throwing my head back and closing my eyes slightly.

//another short chapter, I am aware that Michaels hair is no longer black and greeny blue but it was my fave hair on Michael lol thanks for reading \\