Chapter 5

I just want to thank everyone for staying with the story and reading loyally so far : ) Means a lot to me.

Dedicated to @Notebook for reading loyally and for her awesome stories : ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

There are moments in life where you just know you've messed up. It could be when you decide to take a short cut on the way home and get mugged in an alley. Maybe, you decided to buy a box of Oreo's that you really didn't need at a convenient store, and someone just happened to rob it that day.

I call these moments the 'Craptastic' moments, and I just happen to be in the middle of one.

The first thing I notice as I slowly wake, is that I'm sleeping on a cloud. The cloud was so soft and warm that I feel as if I move too much, it may just swallow me whole. Like a ginormous, comfortably warm vacuum. And then I heard it.

The hushed whispers and movement that signals I am not alone. The memories from earlier rush back to me like a speeding bullet and my eyes open wide immediately. Sitting up straight I come face to face with one of my captors.

"Glad you could join us, Prin-styes-sa," Nikolai said. He looked as sexy as ever, those smoldering amethyst eyes boring into mine and that god-like face pulling off his signature, I'm-sexy-and-I-know-it smirk. But that doesn't matter, because all I can think is one thing. I was kidnapped.

Insert 'Craptastic' Moment here.

So I scream like one of those stupid girls in scary movies who are dying to get killed. In my defence, I felt like I had no other option. Both of my kidnappers are twice my size and, by the way they fought yesterday, faster and harder to kill. You'd scream too if you were in my position.

Nikolai obviously didn't expect that, so I take this opportunity to run. And run I did.

I scrambled out of the prison that I once thought of as the most comfortable bed in the world and ran as quickly as my half asleep body would allow. But was it quick enough? No. Lady Luck was definitely not on my side lately. I made it about ten feet from the bed before he caught me.

Almost immediately, Nikolai's hand clamped over my mouth. I bit down on his hand, but it didn't seem to faze him, so I screamed into his hand, muffling the sound. I screamed and screamed until I was pale and dizzy, but his hand never left my mouth.

"If I move my hand, you have to promise not to scream, Prin-styes-sa. I will not harm you. I will never harm you, so there is no need for you to scream okay. I just need to talk to you," he finished. "Do you understand?"

I nodded solemnly. No, I won't scream, but I'll be a fool if I don't run. I am a fighter, and I refuse to quit without at least trying to escape.

'If you can't beat 'em, forget joining. Run. Run like you stole something...'

He slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth, and as soon as his hands were back at his side, I took off in a sprint towards the pretty glass doors. He sighed behind me, but I couldn't care less. There is no way in I'm staying here with these weirdo's.

Every single story you've heard at school about kidnapping, warns you about this particular situation. I'm in god knows where, with a man I barely know and a guy I thought I knew, and I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen to me.

Fate must really hate me.

'This must be what it's like to fly,' I thought as my body slowly levitated from the ground, but then I felt the fabric of my tank top stretch backwards. He was lifting me. My arms took on a life of their own as I flailed around like a chicken without a head.