16- Gone

Alexis's POV

I did what I was told and ran as fast as I could, a million questions were swimming through my mind. I ran until I felt like I was running in inhuman speed. My hair blowing in the wind in all directions. I couldn't look back. Every time if I look back the image of Harry and Garret standing in the living room would be in my head.

Oh god.

Harry.

I left him there! I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized Liam was standing in front of me, he was wearing a white t-shirt and grey sweat pants. At first I thought 'why would he be wearing sweat pants in a forest at this time?'

Liam gestured us to follow him, with my brother and Holly behind me. We followed Liam into a small cottage like Harry said there was, but I never thought of how Harry knew that something was going to happen tonight...

As we stepped into the small cottage, it may look small on the outside but on the inside it was quite big. There was a brown sofa on the right hand side, a small black coffee table with the television remote on it and a ladder leading to the mattress. I'm guessing

that's where we would be sleeping.

"The sofa's a day bed, so you can turn the sofa into a bed since there's three of you...Nick why don't you come with me? I'll bring you back to my place and you'll sleep there. I'll call you girls in the morning okay? Everything you need are in the cupboards, the phone over there has my number in it under my name. And there's only one room...so..one of you would have to sleep on the sofa/daybed." Liam said.

I nodded and he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. The questions were still in my mind, is Harry dead? How is Garret even alive? I got snapped out of my thoughts again by the sound of the door slamming that caused me to jump a little.

"Hey he'll be okay, Alexis." Liam said rubbing circles on my back.

"Yea.. I hope so." I whispered.

After Liam and Nick left, Holly said something about taking a shower, that was all I got from her. I heard the familiar sound of running water, soon I blocked everything out. The sound of running water started to fade into nothing else but silence.

I didn't realise I fell asleep until I slowly opened my eyes, the curtains were closed. I turned over to see check the time. It read 8:34 pm.

I let out a sigh and got up from the bed, walking towards a small brown closet. I opened it to see some clothes stacked up together like a normal stack of pancakes, I randomly grabbed a pair of grey pants and a blue tank top.

I got out of my room and went to the bathroom that was just right across my room. I placed the clothes on the wooden sink then placed my hands on it. Looking at the mirror, I see a girl with brown wavy hair that was a mess. Her eyes were filled with nothing but worry and fear. Her eyes started to water then tears slowly streamed down her face. Sobs were echoing in the bathroom.

That was me.

Crying.

They were here again. They have returned to make my mind miserable. A mess. 'It's because of you Harry isn't here!' 'Look at you! You're helpless. This is all your fault Harry is like this!'

If you are wondering who 'they' are.

They are my demons, the ones who drown me in my own thoughts.

The sobs slowly faded and my breathing slowly became normal. I heard a knock on the door. It was Holly.

"Alexis? Are you okay?"

"Yea I'm fine." I yelled loud enough for her to hear me.

The sound of footsteps started then slowly faded into silence. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I turned on the water until the right tempurature. hung my head low in the shower, feeling the water running across my skin. After the shower, I went back to my room. Not knowing what to do or think. I dried my hair and walked around the small room.

I looked around the place, since there was nothing else to do. I accidentally hit something that made a 'cling' sound. I furrowed my brows and tried to search for the unknown object or whatever it was. I layed on the ground and started swing my arms looking for the unknown object. I finally found something it was under the bed. I reached for it but my arm wasn't long enough, I reached a little more and grabbed the object.

It was a dagger. It had the letter 'L' on the tang and a hole just below the letter. The blade wasn't like the ones that we would see in the movies when it's just a normal dagger with a sharp blade. The shape of the blade was almost smiliar to the letter 'L' in lower case, there was also two holes. One was thin in the shape of a stretched triangle the other hole was just below it, it was a small triangle. I slowly ran my finger tip against the sharp blade. Slowly examining the dagger.

I took the dagger in my hand and walked next to my bed lifting up the mattress. I slid the dagger under the mattress so no one knew where I hid it. I didn't know what else to do so I just fell onto my bed and let sleep take over me.

-DREAM-

Everything was black. I started walking to see a dark figure, it cocked it's head to the right and started running towards me. A wave of fear consumed me along with the feeling of adrenalin kicked in. I ran as fast as I could, I came to a stop where there was a path splitting into two other paths.

I turned my head to see the dark figure running closer to me. I randomly picked the path on the right and continued running into a hole of darkness that sat infront of me.

In flash of light appeared and I was in my room. There was no one here but the sound of something dripping. I turned around to see Harry but his eyes looked like it came from a murderer.

There was a feeling at the bottom of my stomach that something bad might happen. Both of us just stood there looking into each other's eyes, Harry's eyes were filled with nothing else but the need to kill then a evil smirk started to form on his face showing his teeth.

A breath hitched in my throat and I started to run.

My hair was flying as I ran away from Harry. I turned to look back and saw he was still in the same spot not moving along with a evil smirk still plastered on his face.

I heard the sound of someone being stabbed, I felt something run down my fingers. I looked down to see my hand holding a knife that was stabbed into Harry's heart.

"W-Why Alexis? I love you.." He said giving the pair of eyes that was filled with nothing else but pain.

I saw his eyes roll to the back of his head then saw his body fall to the ground with a loud thud. No words came out of my mouth but my body moved. I heard an evil laugh echoing around me as it got louder and louder the more afraid I became.

I saw a dark figure slowly walking towards me. I quickly got up and ran, before I ran I looked back at Harry's body one last time before it slowly got smaller and smaller until I couldn't see it anymore from the distance I had run.

I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath from all the running I've done to get away from the dark figure. I tripped over flat ground and fell I got up but something was stopping me.

Chains.

I was chained to the ground and I had no idea where the chains came from. The familiar feeling of fear started to build up again. I started pulling onto the chains, it was no use. The dark figure approached me and kneeled down so I could see it. The dark figure had bright red eyes but the rest of him was made out of black dust. It's bright red eyes stared into mine.

It lifted its hand and caressed my cheek, I quickly snapped my head to the side so I didn't have to see it's bright red eyes. It moved it's head closer to me until it whispered into my ear.

"You can run but you can't hide."

Then before I knew it, it's hands were cupping my face and with one swift movement I heard a snap and everything went black.