Chapter 1

No matter what I do, she always comes back. Every night, I try to keep her away, I do everything I can, but she comes back. I would get help if I could, but I know I will be discovered if I do, anyways I rather just live this horrible way.

I hear the old clock down the hall from my room strike eleven. I know it is late and I can't lay here forever without falling asleep. Falling asleep causes all my problems and it is an event I prefer to avoid. My eyelids start to feel heavy, I begin to drift off, I can't help it. The last thought before fall asleep is, "She's coming".

~~~

I can see myself in my room, asleep. I watch closely as I jolt awake and scream. I can tell I am very thirsty thirsty, despite the fact that I am outside of my body watching. I get up slowly and walk sleepily into the bathroom, I turn on the faucet and a slow, dripping stream of blood oozed out. I gasp in shock at how disgusting the image was. I watch myself as I begin to look around in a panic, knowing that she was in the room with me.

I looked up and saw movement out of the corner of my eye in the mirror. Not daring to face her, I looked directly into the mirror and saw her standing there behind me, glaring at me with a huge knife in her hand. She was going to kill me, I knew it.

~~~

I woke up screaming, drenched in sweat. I could feel my heart racing in my chest as my horrible nightmare replayed in my head. I was thirsty, so I started to get up. "No!" I thought,"This is what already happened in the dream," but I couldn't stop myself. I walked towards the bathroom. I knew what would happen, but I turned the faucet on anyways. As I expected a slow, dripping of blood oozed out. Even though I had seen it before, I screamed and caught her reflection in the mirror. "Don't turn around, don't turn around . . ." I tried to talk myself into running, but something told me I couldn't. It was like I had lost control of my body, so I turned. There she was, exactly the same as she was in my dream, pretty, but the scariest thing I have ever seen. If only I could wake up screaming now.

She smiled at me, her beautiful smile was horrifying. I saw the knife fly by my head and hit the mirror, shattering instantly. I knew this was no accident, she could have killed me there. I was let off with a warning, but how many warnings will I get before she decides its time.

I turned around to see my bathroom empty, the same as it was before these horrors started, other than the now cracked mirror. I picked up the knife from where it landed in the sink. I frowned slightly, looking at the knife in my hand. My heart was still racing at the horrifying events that had just occurred. 

I start to walk down stairs, I looked around remembering what the house used to be. I remind myself not think about what used to be, since it will only end up making me upset in the end as it always does. I try to think about now, living here, getting everything I could want. But, that's not true at all. I don't have a family, or any friends, except maybe the creepy guy at the convenience store. I am lonely and never safe. I never feel at home, but who could. I wish everything could be as it used to be...

Flashback

I finished pinning my hair in place and glanced in the mirror one last time. I knew I had to look perfect since it were my birthday. I braced myself for a long night of talking to people I didn't know and pretending to have a good time. I walked out of my room and into the bathroom, after I had checked that my makeup was perfect, I walked to the staircase. Walking down the stairs I felt like a princess, with my gown brushing my ankles every time I took a step. 

I headed towards the ball room, where everyone would be waiting for me. The doors were opened for me and I entered the ballroom where hundreds of people were dancing and talking. As I entered, a hush fell over the room for a moment. Everyone stopped to look at me for a moment, but then people continued talking as they were before. I was almost immediately forgotten by the guests.

My parents ran over to me and told me I looked beautiful, I loved them and I knew they loved me, but I never saw them as they were always traveling for work. I knew that even though people had given a second to look at me, no one was really here to see me.This was simply a party for my parents and all the guests were all here to see them. After I made my appearance I returned back to my room.

End of Flashback

That was my sixteenth birthday party, just over a year ago, before the fire, before I was forgotten, before the world forgot that my family existed. Even though at the time I had hated the party, I think of it all the time, it was the last time I saw my parents. My life since the fire has been incredibly lonely and terrifying, the fire raged through half of the house before a rainstorm put it out. My parents were killed and my life was destroyed. By the time people arrived to help, the fire was out and nothing could be done. No one has visited here since.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think!!!!! You can always vote, comment or fan... you know... can't hurt unless you're allergic to kindness I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Smurf Hugs and Unicorn Kisses,

Me