19- raid day*

Today is another start of a week. Monday. I woke up at my usual time and got dressed. Now I am the only one sitting at the dinning room table eating corn flakes. Sad, I know. I stand and wash my bowl, put it on the side and let it drip dry. You know the drill. Why should I use my energy to dry a bowl if nature can do it for me. Duh.

I make my way to the door grabbing my favorite leather jacket, bike keys and school bag on the way out. Just as I make my way down the driveway I hear my name being called. I turn to see a running Layla. I stop and wait for her. When she reaches me she bends over and catches her breath. Wow. It wasn't even that long of a run. I look at her and wait for her to talk.

"Boss I have news. Everything is ready for the invasion on Friday." She informs me. I nod.

"So you have the extended group, weapons, house plans and clean up crew?"

"Yes, boss"

"Good. Thanks for the update and Layla... thanks for real." She looks at me a bit confused so I decide to continue. "Thanks for sticking around and helping me."

"No prob boss." She smiles a genuine smile. I turn and carry on my way to my bike with my bag on my back and jacket on. I look at my bike.

Poor thing

Poor thing. It has what I call 'road rash'. My bike now has skid scratches on the side from the time I dodged the car in my fit of anger. I get on my bike, start it and zoom off.

I make it to school quit fast considering I was trying not to die because I don't have a helmet. I wonder what happend to my precious helmet. It probably has road kill all over it by now.

I swing my leg over my bike. When I turn around I become cross eyed when I come 'eye to eye'with Jared. Yes. Thats how close he is. You know Jared. The one who ALMOST killed me. Half the reason my bike looks so ugly. If any one of us moved just and inch or someone happens to bump me, we would suerly kiss. I instinctively  move back and look at Jared as he also moves back with a slight blush on he's cheeks.

"Umm...hay." I weirdly greet.

"Hey" we awkwardly look at each other. After about 2 minutes of just weirdly standing I have had enough.

"Sooooo? " I ask and start making my way to the school door looking over my shoulder at him.

"Oh...uh... You gud bro?" He asks. I chukkel out loud.

"Why you laughing?"

"Oh. Nothing really. It's just somthing Logan Paul says. 'You gud bro?" I imitate Logan Paul and laugh. "But to answer your first question, ya, I'm alllll right." I look up at him with a half genuine smile.