8- first time*

(Edited)

I woke up from sun light beaming on my face. Ahhh. I forgot to close the curtains. I sit up. I am not in the covers, I fell asleep on top of the covers because it felt weird to sleep in someone elses bed.

I stand up and put on my converse. They are pretty old. Maybe instead of changing the awesome room I can get some clothes because I only have old clothes from the orphanage. I look under the carpet again. I make my own code. Which is smart because if Goostoff put the same code on this safe like the one in the office... It would be idiotic. I take out 500$/R5000. I know it's a lot but I am worth a lot and I don't have anything but the clothes on my back. I put the money in my pocket and walk into the joined bathroom. I freshion up and rince my mouth. That's when I take a mental note of all the things I need because I don't even have a toothbrush or even a hair pin.

I walk out and quickly go check my office. I sit at the table and check for emails. One email. Click, click.
It's from the organization. It's the dreded chart.

Fifth? Fifth? Are you sure? Fifth?

We moved from first to fifth. The organization sends in a chart of gang positions once a month. And we were 1 but now we are 5th. Way to keep the Goostoffs legacy at the top Zoë.

I close the laptop and jog downstairs. I don't really want to say anything about being fifth. I try walk past the kitchen towards the door as fast as I can buuuut...

"Zoë, Zoë!" A voice calls. Danm. I stop dead in my traks and turn towards the kitchen. I walk to where everyone is sitting and eating.

"We know we have moved down from one anddd... We know you just got here... Butt do you have a p-plan or something?" Jord asks. Just then I notice everyone is dressed so nicely and they all look so fresh. I think about what I am wearing and I feel out of place...

"I am aware of our status and I have a plan. In fact I am on my way to do some umm...business" I say to all of them. "Be back soon". I grab an apple off the table.

"Sure boss" Jord says. Still sounds weird when someone calls me that. From small town girl that no one notices in class to the girl people are kinda scared of and call boss. Almost a Cinderella story.

I walk out the house and start walking towards the mall then I remember... I don't have a plan!!. I need one now!!

**********•**********
I arrived at the mall after quiet a walk and bought my self some clothes and toiletries. I am on my way back home when I see a poster. It reads: come to the museum in the city to try out new, never been seen before technology. 20 August, 13:30.

Right there and there I had an awesome plan.

**********•**********
I am back home and this time I took a cab. I put all my stuff in my room. The whole gang is in the living room watching TV. I am about to tell them my awesome plan.
I jog downstairs excitement flooding my body.

I run to the living room and stand in front of the TV with a huge smile on my face. No one looks at me but instead they try look around me. I turn to see what's interesting but all they are watching is something called 13 reasons why. There was no TV at the orfanage so I am not in the loop with other people socially.I switch off the TV angrily wanting everyone to give me attention.