We're the same

Summary - Upset about Jiraiya's death, Hinata comes to comfort Naruto in his time of need while also revealing some hidden feelings.

Naruto sat on the bench staring at his shoes with tears slowly dripping down his cheeks. Constant memories of his sensei spun round his head. He knew he shouldn't of shouted at Tsunade but he was upset and couldn't help it. He just couldn't believe Jiraiya was really gone, t be guy seemed invincible but the cold reality was that he was killed by his own students none the less.

"N-Naruto-kun?" A voice interrupted him from his thoughts.

Glancing up, Naruto noticed Hinata standing in front of him. Sniffing lightly and whipping his eyes with his sleeve, he smiled at the girl.

"Hinata. You alright?" He grinned.

Hinata looked at him sympathetically at his attempt to seem happy. From watching him from when she was little she knew Naruto faked being happy a lot of the time so she could tell when he was truly upset. But at this point I think anyone could tell how debaters Naruto was.

"Don't force a smile for me Naruto. It's okay to cry." Hinata said as she sat down beside him.

Naruto's grin dropped to a small smile as he looked back down to the ground.

"Thanks Hinata." He whispered as more tears made an appearance.

"I'm sorry about Jiraiya-sama, I know he was a great man." She said, contemplating whether to hug or touch the boy, in honesty she wasn't sure how to comfort him.

"Ha ha, great man is an understatement, he was legendary." Naruto laughed half heartedly.

Hinata smiled at him while also staring at the ground, noticing the silence was getting awkward
She began to speak again but was interrupted by Naruto starting instead.

"You know I'm sort of angry." He said casually making Hinata look at him in shock. "Angry at him, angry at the akatsuki, angry at Granny."

"Naruto." Hinata said in sympathy but the boy just ignored at her and stood up.

"In fact I'm angry at everybody. Angry at the toads, angry at my parents who ever they are, angry at the fourth, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei, the nine tails-"

"Naruto." Hinata said again getting more worried as Naruto began to pace.

"I'm angry at myself. I mean how many failures have I had." He carried on.

"NARUTO UZUMAKI!" Hinata shouted cutting him off. "Being angry at everything isn't going to solve anything, I know how you feel and believe me-"

Hinata was suddenly cut off by a cold laughter.

"You know how I feel! You know how I feel?" Naruto cried glaring at the girl. "How can the spoilt little Hyuuga princess know how I, the village idiotic monster, feel?"

Hinata's eyes widened in shock at the outburst.

"Come on Hinata, tell me? Cause there is no way on earth you know how I feel! Pretty sure you've still got all your team mates with you! And then theres Pervy Sage, the one of the few people that actually cared and bothered to acknowledge me and see me for what I'm worth and now he's dead! I bet you've got your whole clan watching your awesomeness, telling you how great you are Hinata-sama. You've got all the acknowledgement you need from your family. Which makes me think you have a family, you know your parents mean while I've never even met mine, so there's no way you know how I feel about that. Oh and let's see what else is there? Oh yeah do you try absolute hardest to even get the slightest bit of acknowledgment from your peers only to have the person you consider a sibling beat and take it away from you. You train to exhaustion just to get a good work, or even a nice try. But that person gets all the glory while you sit there like a slab of meat. No your no meat Hinata, your a pretty princess who can get what she wants when she wants, no mark to make you different. No one to blame your for deaths that weren't meant to be caused.I bet you could get any guy you want to, someone your totally in love and they could love come running into your arms, while I'm stuck loving the girl of my dreams who doesn't even care and runs to the arms to someone who's so much better than me. So come on Hinata answer me, how do YOU know how I feel?"