chapter 1

Chapter 1

As I stand here, looking out the Window. I can’t help but be happy about how things are going. All that’s needed now is the arrival of Sebastian tomorrow.  Damn that Sebastian, I really can’t believe he left and is coming back after 4 years in the Marines. I am proud as hell of him and Xavier.

Why it seems like only yesterday when that skinny little runt of Xavier came to us. He had the guts to come all the way to the hood to look for weed. When he knocked on my door I almost keeled over in laughter. He was dressed all preppy wannabe ghetto. It was all I could do to not laugh in his face.

But he had spunk. He thought we didn’t know he was a little rich kid just needing attention. But hey we all wanted that attention back then. I feel shamed sometimes when I think back on the shit I sold and how many people I must have fucked up. But what could I do. My dad was a dead beat my mom left. He would drink and beat on her.

He never hit me or my sister but he would lock us up in our room while we would hear him beat on mom. Like if we couldn’t see it would be ok. It killed me to be small and not be able to do anything about it. But mom was always there, his fucking punching bag. It wasn’t until I was 7 years old that she started to think differently.

One day my father did not drink. I guess him and my mom were having a good day. Because all I remember was her screaming as he had her in his arms twirling her around. I decided enough was enough and since I was in the other room doing my home work. I charged into the kitchen and stabbed him in the back with my pencil.

Luckily mom caught his hand as he was about to hit me. She knelt down so she was face to face with me. “Why did you do that Blaise?” She asked me.

“I will not let him hit you anymore. I am a man and I will protect you.” I told her as I turned to glare at my father.

My mom was stunned and I saw the tears in her eyes. “Honey daddy came up behind me surprising me. He was swinging me around and I was giggling.” She told me and I looked at her confused.

It was then that she realized that we knew what happened.  Not too long after that and well after 2 major beatings she left him. I was happy and proud of her. Some times women say “I’m staying for my children. So they grow up with a mom and dad.” But believe me, when their life is that fucked up. You do a great injustice to your children by staying.

But hey shit happened it is what it is. I then went on to sell drugs to help mom supplement the income of the house. I know I’m an ass and a jerk. But mom worked 2 jobs and was never home and we were still just passing by. But it was that night we all got arrested that started changing things. Xavier’s uncle Jim was who helped us think about changing our life. It was when they sent us to Boys Town that we started to.

But I still had my family to worry about. Xavier’s uncle Jim hired mom as the secretary to their PI firm and that helped a whole lot. Enough for me to quite selling. But old habits die hard as well as making the easy money.  It was that night we had this big deal going on. I didn’t tell the guys since all was going good at Boys Town for them.

We got shot at and one of my boys got capped. Then I realized as everyone ran that they were all out for themselves. As I worried for them they gave 2 shits for me. It was then that I realized I had to change completely. That I had finally found my way. The old me, was dead and gone.

I looked around and nobody was there for me. So I swallowed my pride and went seeking Jed Diaz for help. From then on we moved to a better neighborhood and everything was different. I went to get my GED as we all did and then I went to get some college classes and ended up in the Fire Department. All thanks to Jed.

Now I have to go see him to thank him for what he did for us. Like Xavier is doing. I need to do my part to help Boys Town and other kids. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t notice when my pain in the ass sister got home.

“Ewww Blasé what the hell man. Go put on a damn shirt. I so don’t need to be seeing you shirtless.” She tells me all mad.

“Hey, hey hold it right there young lady. First of all, what’s with the language. Second of all, the ladies love all this. It seems a shame to have to always be covering it up.” She rolled her eyes at me as she walked away.

“Monique, don’t you walk away from me when I’m giving you a lesson on perfection.” I tease her and she flips me the bird. Leaving me staring after her so I shrug my sholders.

“Your loss I was on my way to see Jed Diaz and I was going to ask you to go with me. But seeing how you are in a mood. I think I’ll go alone.” I tell her and she was back by my side in a flash.

“Nooooo, please take me with you” she begs and I smile at her. She goes to the same college that Jed’s daughter goes to. It seems she is a very good photographer. Monique is studying Journalism. She has been stalling on a paper she has to do. For a couple of days now she asked me to get a hold of Jed’s daughter to see if she would help her.

I didn’t want my first contact with him to be about a favor. But now well it’s not like I can say no to my little sister. I would do anything for her.  “All right monkey lets go.” She glared at me but followed. She hates when I call her that. But I was 2 almost 3 when she was born and I couldn’t say Monique so I would say Monkey and well it stuck.

When we got to the house, she looked so sweet in her pretty red blouse admiring it. I was happy I did right by her and gave her a chance to be someone. To one day be able to have a place like this. We walked to the front of the house and knocked.

I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw the goddess I had seen at the club the other night answer the door.  “HI can I help you?” She asked and I said nothing. For I seemed to have forgotten how to string words together.

“Sorry my idiot brother here is dumb.” Monique tells her and she looks at me with pity. Damn she thought there was something mentaly wrong with me. I cleared my throat.

“Sorry My names Blaise, I came to see Jed Diaz.” I tell her.

“Come in please” she says stepping aside as she hollers. “Dad there is some weird guy here to see you” she says and I literally feel my mouth open in shock.

“Um does he need a napkin? Is he going to drool.” She asked Monique who went into hysterical laughter from that. I turned to glare at Monique just as Jed came into the room.

“Well, look at who it is. Someone better get the fire extinguisher because a Blaise just started.” Jed said laughing and we all groaned at his corny joke.

He slapped my back in welcome and hugged Monique. “Honey this is Blaise and his sister Monique.”  He said gesturing to us. “Blaise and Monique this is my daughter Alia I’m sure you remember her.” I just looked at her. I remember a scrawny kid. Not this hot woman before me. Had I known she looked like this I would have come sooner.

“Nice to meet you” I tell her.

“Oh so you’re not slow then?” she asked looking at me still determining ‘’sorry.”

Damn this woman……

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Well it seems Blaise just found a woman who is not throwing herself at him…

Hahahaha

Comment…………………..