Chapter 17

Again faithful and new readers THANK YOU!

We both have been working long hours and crazy shifts right now.  As we can we are cranking them out.  I hope you enjoy this chapter.  Remember, we know there are issues with tenses so you have been warned. 

Take care and Happy reading,
Shellbell232

*************

The cab came to a halt in front of the spa and I could still feel the ache radiating from my knee.  In a few more hours it would be as good as new but my damn rib shall take even longer.  I reached over the back of the driver’s seat and handed him the money I promised.  “Here man, thanks for waiting for me.  There is two-hundred bucks just as I promised.”

He looked over as I stepped out of the cab still clinging on to the cash.  Stepping onto the curb he began rolling down the window and hesitantly spoke, “C-Can I ask you something?” I turned towards him and gave him a small nod acknowledging his question.

“Who are you?”

I could see that his question was due to genuine curiosity.  I figured I owed him something after all he went through today.  Looking into his eyes I approached him within a few steps and neared the window while unzipping my leather coat.  His eyes bulged as I leaned my head to the side and uncovered my Warrior mark. He sucked in a breath and the color drained from his face. 

I was use to this response but his next words shocked me.

“I can´t believe it!  I spent the afternoon with a Warrior!  No one will ever believe me this has got to be my luckiest day ever.  There is no way that my boys will believe that their papa drove around one of the most amazing beautiful protector today.” Stunned I just stared at as he turned serious, “Girl, you are precious let no one in this world say otherwise. You hear me, ok, you are strong, you are brave, and you have something to give to this world.  I don’t know what your future holds but I know you will change it.  It has been my honor to drive you today and if you ever need another lift I will be there.  All you have to do is call.  May God bless the path you are on and may he protect you from the evil forces in our world.”

His words hit home and I could feel the weight lift from my soul.  I made a decision I have never made before and as the cabbie began to roll up his window I moved to stop him.

“Wait.” He gave me puzzled look and little concern about what I wanted wondering if he went too far.      

“Do you have your phone with you?”

“Y-Yes, d-do you n-need it?”

“Give it to me for just a few moments please.” He looked at me strangely, but without a word he fished his phone out and extended it to me.  As I scanned the device I found just what I was looking for.     

“Can you step outside for a minute?”

He unhooked his seatbelt and slowly stepped out.  As he did I reached up and uncovered my Warrior mark then moved beside him and grasped his shoulders.  He just looked up at me with a questioning gaze.  He had no clue that what was about to occur she has never allowed anyone to do before.  You could see that he under understood that this was unique and rare opportunity and yet he was silent as his body shuddered with the protectors nearness.  He had been permitted to step within the inner protective circle of a Warrior and allowed to be part of her adventure today.     

“Be still, I won’t harm to you.”  I leaned down and whispered, “Smile for your boys.”

He instantly relaxed and a great big grin spread across his face as he looked up at the phone.  This would give him the proof he would need when he tells the story of his adventure with the Warrior to his children.  Sadly most people see a cabbie as a lowly job but truth is I believe it to be one of the most dangerous jobs.  Every day he risks his life taking strangers from one point to another just to make a few bucks to care for his family.  With that I pressed the button and the photo was taken.