Chapter 12

Me and my co-writer shellbell232 have decided that this chapter is dedicated to TheRedDelilah for amazing cover. I hope you will enjoy reading this chapter!

many hugs from shellbell232 and suzy82

Walking through the doors of the establishment had to catch my breath and hope that Anthony missed that with all his excitement.  Dang I let my guard down too much when we were approached by that boy.  I just need get through this and maybe I can get some needed information.

The Coffee bar has changed in the last five years. Seems they have upgraded and made space for more customers. The walls were painted into a darker royal blue color; there are clusters of various seating arrangements varying from intimate to large groups where benches were available to accommodate the needs of customers.

The bar is furnished with small group of sofas with curved wooden tables. It space glowed from the warm sun rays as guests sat around the room.  There were two huge windows on the front side of the counter. The feel of comfort enclosed me as we stood.  The room is simply designed but yet elegant. In fact everything is curved from walls to couches. It has such a modern twist but did not lose the casual ambiance.   It holds perfect harmony and allows oneself to relax while you drink your coffee alone, sit and talk for hours with your friend or share secrets with a lover. It was a pleasant environment for intimate conversation and ideal for what was to come. 

However, as I continued to move forward I had to look away from the portrait directly in front of us.  Hanging on the wall beside the portrait of King and Queen, was grand portrait of Clarynn and Alessandros the day of their wedding.  The image captured her smiling from cheek to cheek.  However, I was taken back little by Alessandros face, for those who know him would recognize that he is standing without emotion and appears sad, it´s peculiar to see him that way.  It was like someone who lost their favorite dog and settling for a poor substitute.  I have to shake myself out of this thought.  At that moment Antonio bumped into my shoulder as we continued to walk into the café.  

We guided to an isolated table in the back corner to sit.  As we walked I felt the impulse and desire to slice the image up and take out some of this frustration that has been simmering over the years.  Knowing that would lead to more questions and difficult situation, I choose to focus on Antonio, and try pushing that haunting image from my sight. 

Sitting here with Antonio I am glad to see that he is the same person and has not changed much other than he has matured and is able to speak in an educated manner.  We sat in this café for a while and I could not break away, I craved his time and moment in time to spend with a person I cared for so long ago. 

During our time, Antonio got to know Kendra my other persona and it breaks my heart that I cannot tell him who I am.  I hope when he finds out he will forgive me for my deceit.  We were able to discuss various topics, interests, and events.  Sadly my mind already being all over the place today chose to wander back to the past and our old days when we were together and often it felt like we were having a Déjà vu moments.  I recalled giggles, running down the road, sitting down drinking juice and just watching the leaves fall with him by my side.  Sad that is no longer possible.

So I continued to sip on my second Latte.  My taste buds are tickled as I consumed each sip.  I swear on my life that I have never tasted a better Latte in the whole world. I must have spaced out for a while because Antonio had to clear his throat to pull me back to our conversation. 

“Kendra are you with me? Did you even listen what I´m saying?” he questioned me.

“Sorry, I was far away with my thoughts.” I answered truthfully.

“You know, you remind me of someone. She is special to me.” My eyes widened and quickly gave him a blank look. My mind raced with thoughts about he has found a mate, was it a man, woman, or someone who also preferred both sexes as he did.  Was he happy and able to love unconditionally?