Chapter 8

dedicated to

xXChemicalQueens97Xx

Everything was so quiet around me, so peaceful.  I just laid there soaking up the calm.  Then tried to turn around in the bed, but the pull of the IV in my arm was stopping me from moving very far. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes; the walls of the room were white and brightness blinded me for a moment.  I looked around the plain room and found the only thing here was the single bed underneath me. I lifted the sheet and saw that I was wearing only my underpants.  But why was I hooked up and why am I basically naked with blood pumping into me? 

I was confused and tried to remember why I was lying here and needed a transfusion.  After a few minutes the memory came flooding back and the peace was gone in a flash.  Oh, that’s right there was an attack at the mall, I was shot protecting the princess, damn I took a bullet for her.  Just then I lifted right hand lifted as my fingers touched the wound on my left shoulder gently and found there was still a small wound. I’m just glad that werewolves heal fast, but it will take a few days before I’ll be alright.

Sighing recalled the whole event and vague memory of being carried in with my mate right behind us.  I just hope that Blade was the one to undress me and no one else saw my body-or at least one part of it.  Because if Alessandros saw my body, he would recognize that I am Alina and that Kendra was just my cover.  Under my left breast is a crescent shaped scar that I had gotten prior to shifting while riding my bicycle. When I fell off I landed on a sharp stone and since my wound healed slower and the scar remained.

My torso holds that scar and is now flowing with tribal tattoos consisting of stars and ancient language for our kind which covering my stomach, back, and on the sides. The language speaks of the Warriors worth and power they hold.  It describes our strength, wisdom, bravery, and the extra power we hold from the Moon God and our ancestors.  There are only a few werewolves who understand the language outside the Warriors and Master.  It wasn’t an option to not learn the language.  It was not an option at the Academy to not learn the language.  If you did then you moved to the next level, if you didn’t there were painful punishments that gave you the incentive to make sure you learned them quickly.

With a growl I sat up and quickly plucked the IV from my arm. I slowly stood up from the bed and took a few steps as my blood continued to drip onto the floor. I was trying to take a step forward but my legs were numb from the lack of use.  I grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around my body and stood there while the blood started circulating again and the tingling slowly disappeared. When I heard someone approach my room. 

There was a knock and a few seconds later a young female doctor entered the room. She closed the door and stood there watching me with her intense steal blue eyes.  She looked familiar, but I couldn´t place where the familiarity was from.  She was tall with short chocolate brown hair and studied me as I tried to figure out why those eyes, they reminded me of someone I know I should recognize.

We were standing in the middle of the room and watched each other like hawks, never speaking. Suddenly she step closer and gave me the biggest surprise of my life; she slapped me. I looked at her with wide eyes, what was that for? The doctor just slapped me! Shouldn´t they care for patients, not slap them?  A grumble radiated out of my chest but she did not back down.

“How are you feeling Alina?” I froze as she spoke the last word. She knew my name! How the hell does she know who I am? I didn´t know what to say or do. I gaped at her like a fish trying to breathe on land.  Finally composing myself I uttered my response, “How do you know my name?”

“You don´t remember me do you? You don´t remember one of your best friends?” she said in a quiet voice, as I saw the tears brimming her eyes.