4

I was fully intending to bring a friend with me to check out this 'Dream factory' but in order to do that I would actually have to have a friend.

Sooo....

Here I am.

Alone.

I have packed a personal alarm and some body spray (to spray in potential attackers eyes), just in case it's all an elaborate plot to kidnap me.

Finding it is easy, it's a huge factory, but it takes me a good 10 minutes to locate the glass front door and a few more minutes to push fruitlessly at it despite the large sign next to my hand saying "PULL".

The girl who greets me at the desk of the dream factory is so sickeningly beautiful that I actually stare at her in awe. She doesn't seem to see anything amiss in my reaction as she greets me warmly and tells me to come and meet her husband, Dr Henderson.

The corridor is black. Even the walls are tiled and I'm sure I saw some shit like this in horror film once.

We seem to have been walking for ages and I'm just giving up hope of ever seeing daylight again when Miss barbie doll opens a door that was hidden within the tiles. How she could tell one corridor from the other is beyond me.

"Please come this way Miss Davis." She smiles politely. She leads me into a large office, smilingly sweetly at the man who is stood waiting to greet me.
Dr Henderson is hot in an older dude kinda way but I can't help but wonder how the hell he managed to snare a woman like her.

"Thank you so much for coming Miss Davis. May I call you Hendrix?" He waits for me to nod warily. "I'm going to get straight to the point. Let's get down to business."

"To defeat the Huns." I mutter to myself.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing... Sorry. Carry on."

"It's hard to know where to even begin explaining something like this when you're as deeply involved as I am. Almost impossible." He shakes his head with an easy smile. "Let's start with what you already know. I'm assuming you've googled us and as you will know, the site that appears shows as being incomplete. This is because out product is incomplete, although, after almost 20 years since the initial idea, we're finally in the last stages. We are so very close to having the end stage ready. We just need volunteers for trials."

"Volunteers for...?"

"Look at my wife." He turns to the perfect woman next to him. "What would you say if I told you she was never born? She was created at a later stage?"

"I'd say you need to cut back on the LSD bro." I say, raising my eyebrows.

The doctors wife leans forwards with a smile. "I think you would be better showing her, Peter. As you planned." She smiles firmly and he nods.

"I'm sorry, I get carried away. I'm going to take you on a tour of the factory Hendrix. Before we go, I need to tell you a few fundamental things about what we are doing here. We don't match you to partner, or seek one out for you. We create one. An entirely new one, using new biological technology that you're going to see very shortly. We don't find you a partner that already exists... We make them."
I stare at him for a moment.

"Like a sex doll?"

"No not at all." He laughs, "does my wife look like a sex doll to you?"

I stare at the barbie-like woman and decide not to answer.

"Before I take you on a tour of the factory you need to sign some confidentiality forms. You are not allowed to tell anyone about our work here, the penalties for doing so are very severe. After you've seen what we do here we can talk in depth. You won't understand until you have seen for yourself."