Chapter 4

I heard Britts car horn sound outside. That's my cue. I bolted up, wiggling into a pair of black skinny jeans, and throwing on a Black Veil Brides band tee. I practically rolled down the stairs, grabbed an apple and wrestled on my shoes on my way down the porch steps.

"You're gonna kill yourself doing that one day." Mom called.

"Like you care." I shouted back, flipping her off. I jumped into Britts Corvette and grabbed my makeup bag from the utility box.

"You're gonna kill yourself doing that one day. Set a fucking alarm." Britt said.

"I have one." I patted her on the head."You."

She glared daggers at me. I just smiled and proceded to apply my makeup. We made it to the school 5 minutes before the bell.

"See we're always late because of you." Fuck, she was in bitch mode. Run.

"No....we're always late because you drive like a grandpa." I stuck out my tongue at her.

She leapt. I ran away to my locker, her right on my heels and I screamed, "YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ME LUCKYCHARMS!!!!" and dived into my english class just before the bell rang.

"You just made it Miss. Lit. But I don't think you have to make an entrance each time." Mr. Frock said calmly. Frock was a young teacher and actually understood my humor. That's why I'm passing this class.

"It wasn't an entrance." I huffed, "a little angry leprechan was chasing me trying to steal me luckycharms...." I looked to the door to see Britt glaring at me. I jumped out of my skin and bolted behind Ryan.

"Hide me...." I whispered in his ear.

"Umm... Excuse me Mr. Angry Leprechan? I think you should head to your class." Mr. Frock smiled at Britt.

"BYE MR. ANGRY LEPRECHAN!!!!" I yelled after her. The class was in tears from all the laughter. "Thank you Mr. Frock, for saving me luckycharms." I smiled and sat in my seat beside Ryan. He passed me my books.

"What would I do without you Ryan Dear?" I asked.

"Crash and burn." he smiled.

I leaned over and kissed him.

"You've got that right." His face lit up like it was Christmas.

"Okay. May we get to our lesson Miss. Lit?" Mr. Frock asked.

"I thought we were on a first name basis already Peter?" I crossed my hands on my desk.

"Of course Ryder." He said, then proceded to talk about some boring shit like the process of an idea, and the precise positioning of scenes in a story.

Class passed eventually, followed by math, lunch, gym and finally my favourite class, phsycoligy.

"The human mind is an amazing thing, it is a control center, and system of messages. And when you think, it's a system of ideas, running throughout you." Miss. Plijuko explained. "But there is a dilema here....is any idea truly ours? I mean, when we have an idea, we can trace it's origins which is not ours. The train of thought that lead to the idea, was someone elses, and theirs was someone elses, which in turn was someone elses. So are we truly our own person, or just robots living on anothers creation?"

Our assignment was to think about this. And I would. I loved learning how the brain works. Finally the last bell rang. I worked my way to the parking lot where Britt was waiting for me.

"Are you always late?" She asked from behind her shades.

"More or less." I hopped in, resting my eyes on the way home.

She dropped me off, and I went inside, insistant on just passing out. But no. Mom wants to talk. Probably something like, "you should really respect us a bit more. We raised you and cleaned you and..."

"You won."

"Wait. What?" Not what I was expecting.

"Get packed I'm driving you to the airport." She said, turning to grab the keys. I was shocked and didn't move. "Before your father wakes up." She snaps. That gets me out of my trance. I bolt upstairs, throwing cloths in a suitcase and run back downstairs. We got in the car, and she drove.

"I'm sorry I haven't always been there for you, but I am now. I want you away from that sick bastard I call a husband. And I never want you to come back."

_______

You've been asking for it, and here it is. Another update. I'm kind of focused on another fanfic right now, that's why it's taking me so long. If you want to check it out, it's My Undead Savior. The cover is Charlie Scene.

Vote. Comment. Or whatever.

-Sarah