Chapter 9.

Lucy's POV

I can't believe I did this. This is just surprising. We already left Massachusetts. This is our first stop, Jake is in an unknown market getting us some shit to eat. Jessica is calling her friend to make sure everything's okay.

I'm so worried about what would my father do. I hope he doesn't find me. God, I'm so stressed. You know that feeling when you think you did something awful? Well that's what I'm going to feel for the next decade.

"What's wrong princess?" Jake asks sitting next to me, cutting my thoughts. Him using the nickname princess, is one of the best things to hear.

"Nothing, just stressing" I fake smile.

"It's okay, you only had minutes to pick this decision. Everything is going to be okay." He says. He kisses my forehead after giving me a weak smile

"Everything is perfectly fine. This is going to be a long journey. Our next stop is when we leave the US" Jessica proudly says, how is she that comfortable about this?

"Let's go. We have food. We can do driving shifts." I sigh, that is sure a dumb idea

"But, Lucy, you can't drive." Jake says 

"I'll try" I weakly say, and this  idea is even dumber.

"We'll take exactly 9 hours to totally leave the US" Jessica informs "I can drive 9 more hours"

"Where are we going next?" Jake asks

"Canada" She says "We'll have company by then, they're the ones to get us in there illegally"

"Jessica, just take me back to Massachusetts, what if we get caught?" I say afraid

"No Lucy, you start  good, you finish great." Jessica says, eating some ice cream

~Jake's POV~

Lucy is totally stressed. She's forgot that she'll get rid of her father's torturing. She's forgot that she won't get pregnant of that asshole's baby.

"Lucy, she's right" I say as I give her a warming hug, drawing circles on her back, feeling her tears on me.  "Lucy, you trust me right?"

"I do" She hesitantly says, God, I wish she wasn't as afraid.

"Trust me Lucy, everything is going to be fine. Forget about your fears" I try my best to comfort her

"Now let's go" Jessica says. We all enter the car, this car might be tiny, but it's better to have a something better than a nothing.

Jessica starts eating while driving. Lucy just had her forehead resting on the window. I squeeze her hand, reassuring everything will be okay. She weakly smiles at me

"Jessica. How are you sure that Walter's not going to tell them?"

"Yeah, he won't dare to." Jessica says

"I'm going to take a snicker's bar." Lucy says, she still looks stressed. She starts looking in the bag, and gets a bar of snickers. She runs her hand through her hair. 

"Can I have a bite?" I pout, not the correct time but I'm trying my best to let her forget about her fears.

"Go ahead." She weakly smiles, handing me the open bar of snicker's. I take my bite and give it back to her. "Jessica can you play some music?"

"Yeah, but no radios." Jessica says, pulling out a CD, written above "Arctic Monkeys". 

"Ugh, this runaway scares me" Lucy mutters.