Meeting Ben

In honor of the start 1D Watty Awards I have decided to put all of my schooling aside and update. So I am also dedicating this chapter to the genius that came up with the Awards.

The reason that I haven't updated is because I have 10 days worth of school to do in 5 days. And I still do, I'm just putting it off so that I can update. Sadly, school comes before Wattpad.

Either you guys are going to completely hate this story after this part, or love it. I'm not sure yet.

Also, please vote for Expelled in the Louis category of the 1D Watty Awards. Please? Here's the link -> http://www.wattpad.com/4677445-1d-watty-awards

All you do is leave a comment saying 'Expelled' and you've voted!

I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND GIVE YOU PENGUINS AND SPOONS!

Let us begin!

"Look, we don't know how big her charges are yet so we can't know for sure."

I pried my eyes open with difficulty, my head hurting like hell. I didn't know where I was, but looking around I saw that I was lying on the couch with my head propped up on a pillow. There were people all around the room talking, a few of them I didn't recognize but were wearing some kind of suit.

Oh gosh, the light hurts.

I closed my eyes again and groaned, the pounding headache making my head throb.

"Meg? Are you awake?" Harry's voice asked carefully as I felt the couch shift next to me, he must have been sitting on it.

Not wanting to open my eyes, I nodded.

"Here's some water." I felt Harry put something up to my lips and I gingerly took a sip, the cool liquid of water running down my throat. It felt really good, especially since my throat felt like sand paper.

"Is she awake?" This time it was Louis' voice.

"Yeah."

"We're going to need to bring her in." I didn't recognize this voice, but it was deep and commanding. It sounded like the kind of voice that'd be the President of the United States in a movie.

"Look, it was just a mistake. I won't press any charges or-" It was Aunt Lilian who spoke.

"Miss, this is the second offense. The first time we let it pass, but this time we can't. How old is she?"

"She's eighteen." Louis'. And he sounded angry.

I didn't understand what was going on, but I knew it couldn't be good. The guy who had spoken had this air of authority around his voice and I didn't like it. And offense? Who did I offend? What did I do wrong that needed people in suits to come in and-

It hit me finally. Aunt Lilian's car.

Which meant the men in suits must be cops.

Oh shit.

"We just need to take her in and talk with her."

I closed my eyes tighter, praying that they would think I had fallen back asleep. Maybe I could just fall asleep long enough and Sam would come in and explain that this was all a mistake. That I hadn't really broken Aunt Lilian's car.

But then I remembered that someone had seen me, that I hadn't been completely careful. Someone had caught me in the act, so there was no way I could pretend it wasn't me.

Opening my eyes up just slightly, I looked around the room. Harry was sitting on the couch near my waist, clutching a glass of water. Liam was over by the corner, pacing back and forth with his hand on his chin and a worried look on his face. Niall was sitting next to Zayn on the other couch, leaning his head on Zayn's shoulder while he watched Liam. Zayn was keeping his eyes on the cop, his eyebrows drawn together in concentration. Aunt Lilian and Sam were listening to the cop.

My eyes wandered to Louis and Eleanor who sat on the floor, Louis' arm protectively around Eleanor's shoulders. Eleanor was watching Aunt Lilian and the officer, her lips in a frown. But what Louis was doing scared me, he was staring at me, his eyes showing burning rage that he couldn't hide. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his jaw jutted out, making him look almost evil. It made a sick feeling form in my stomach.

"How long will that take?" Sam asked. I looked over to him and the cop, finally getting a good look. The officer was tall, actually taller than Sam. He had blond curly hair, and from what I could see he had blue eyes. He didn't look mean, at least to me.

"A couple of hours, depending on what decides to be done." The officer responded.

I watched Sam pause and without taking his eyes from the officer, he said, "Megan, I know you're up."

I sighed, sitting up. I could feel my hands shaking and bile rising in my throat but I tried to ignore them. I don't think having a freak out would help me.

"Megan." I hated that Sam was using my full name. I looked at him, a mix of anger and disappointment in his brown eyes. "You and I are going to go with this officer."

I know I could have argued, but the truth was I didn't have the energy. I had gone through this once before, but I knew this time would be worse. This was the second time I had busted someone's car, but the first time I had gotten away with it. They wouldn't let me do it again.

So I allowed myself to get lead to the car, wordlessly falling into the backseat. My eyes stayed outside the window the entire time. I knew that if I decided to argue, or even to complain that it would only get worse.

Flashes of memory went through my mind, as I remembered the last time I had ridden in a car like this.

"I didn't do anything wrong!" I cried, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. I knew I was lying, but I didn't want to be caught. No one ever wants to be caught.

"Look, little lady. You were caught on tape. Don't try lying to me." The officer that was driving the car said, watching me through the rearview mirror.

I didn't argue, I had seen in movies that when you argue you get punished even worse. I really didn't need to go to prison.

"What's" I sniffled, "what's going to happen to me?" I had never had any experience with this, so I didn't know.

The officer shrugged. "We'll see."

We'll see. That's what he had told me. Just two simple words that had scared the hell out of me. But I was lucky, and I knew I was lucky, I could have gone to Juvie because at the time I was seventeen, but I had parents who could work their way around the law.

I looked up, finally noticing that we had arrived at the police station. The officer got out of the car, opening my door and allowing me out. I looked at my surroundings, the night covering most anything visible. But I could pick out the building that must have been the police station, surrounded with cars and a few trees.

"Come on." The officer commanded, pulling me along by my arm. I noticed then that he had never put me in handcuffs, which I didn't expect him to, but that's what you always see in movies.

We walked through the double doors where a desk guy was waiting. He reminded me of Jackie Chan.

"Who's this?" The desk guy asked. I looked at the thing on his desk that read Jack. How fitting.

"She needs to see Ben." The officer returned, letting go of my arm. I liked that he trusted me. Not that I was going to do anything dangerous, it was just nice.

"He's in his office. Go ahead." Jack responded.

My eyebrows furrowed together. Who was Jack, and what was he going to do with me?

The nerves finally hit me as we walked down the hall. This was my second offense. Nothing good happens when you break the law for a second time, never. My hands began trembling and my knees wanted to buckle, but I kept walking.

The officer opened the door, pushing both Sam and I into a small room.

Sitting at the desk was a short man with big glasses. "Hello." He greeted. "I'm Ben."

Everything was about to go downhill.

You should tell me if you hate it or not. Because.... yeah.

DON'T FORGET! Please vote for Expelled in the 1D Watty Awards. :D

Oh and also, I have no knowledge of what happens if you get arrested. Hee.