Introduction

A new school. A new town. A fresh start.

This was the mantra that played repeatedly in her head as she stared at the building through the windshield of her stepfather's car. Her palms were moist, and her heart pounded like a war drum against her chest. A prickling sensation at the back of her eyes alerted her of her fear. This was reality.

A warm hand on her's brought her from the verge of a dark pit. Her head snapped to the side to where her stepfather smiled at her encouragingly.

"You can do it." was all he said, his smile not faltering for a second even as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"I-I can do it." She heard herself saying.

A new school. A new town, A fresh start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! How's it going?

This is my latest attempt at trying to get an idea out of my head before it eats me alive- Welcome!

I'm pretty confident with this story, though I'm not confident in my abilities to keep writing it.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Anyway, thank you for even taking a chance on this book. Words cannot describe how much it means to me to have people read my works on this huge platform. 

Made it onto the New list in Teen Fiction on 22/09/2017