Chapter 11

Enjoy,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up around two in the morning to hear Calamity's loud neighing. I quickly got out of bed, put on my shoes and grabbed my jacket before sneaking downstairs. I went over to the door leading into the stables. Opening the door, I peeked into the stables. The wall light was on near me giving the stables a dim glow. I stepped away from the door and towards Calamity's stall. A loud bang echoed the room and I jumped back from fright. The loud bang happened again and I noticed Calamity, kicking the one wall with his back feet.

"Calamity! Bud calm down." I ran up to his stall unlocking the door and walking up to him. He neighed loudly before noticing me. He stopped standing in place, staring straight at me. I held my hand up to him and moved forward slowly, he snorted when I touched his snout to pet him. I smiled lightly, and patted the side of his head. "What's up bud?" I said to him, "Had a nightmare?" He exhaled a heavy breath.

After about a half minute, I heard someone walk out of the house door, I looked over and saw my dad, wearing sweats and a t-shirt. He was rubbing his face sleepily.

"Okay, what happen? I heard you go downstairs, and a loud noise." He mumbled and I patted Calamity.

"He might of had a bad dream." I told him as he leaned against the closed door to the stall looking over to us.

"Bad dream eh?" He said and I nodded my head, he rolled his eyes. "Get him some feed, he might be hungry." He added and I glanced at him.

"Are you fattening him up or something?" I questioned going over to him so I can get the feed. He grinned.

"Maybe," He said moving out of the way so I can get out. Once I was over to the stall with the bags of feed in it, I heard my dad speak again, " I heard what Ford, Western and you were talking about." He added, I froze before turning to him.

"What?" I questioned.

"Gary and me, we heard Ford telling you about training Calamity to be are race horse." He explained and I blinked. He glanced at the horse and smiled lightly. "If Ford can control him, then maybe I'll let you ride him." He added crossing his arms over his chest. I smiled before jumping up and down.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded his head. I then stopped, wait I know that face. He wants me to do something. "What's the catch?" I asked confused and he sighed.

"Vanilla-Moon, she isn't going to make it."

"What?"

"The snake was indeed poisonous, she's not going to make it." He bit his lip then waved me over to follow him. I followed him to the stall at the end to the stable, and he looked into it. I looked in and saw her, laying on the ground breathing deeply, her back left leg was wrapped up in bandages. "Gary said she might be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Grace, her rider, she doesn't have a horse now."

"You want to give her Raindrop," I mumbled knowing what he was going to say.

"Yes, but only for this summer. I can't go horse finding now, Raindrop is good. I'll show Grace how to handle her, and what to give her. I'll let you ride Calamity, as long as Ford is around. Ford can help train Calamity, if you train him this summer and if you can beat your mother at a race with him, then I might enter him in some races."

"Problem is we need a professional jockey that Calamity with actually like. I can't do it because I'm too young." I added and he nodded his head glancing at me.

"Ford's grandfather use to be a famous horse trainer around here, his grandfather taught my dad about horses. He then also taught Ford about horse racing and betting when he was just a kid. That's why he wants Calamity to race, he knows that that horse will race and be good enough to win."