Chapter 8

Please vote!

Enjoy!

Picture of what I mean by a clover-leaf pattern for the Barrel Racing on the side>>>>>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the camp everyone has a schedule of the things that they can do everyday, each activity is one to four hours long some of them can even go on to be the full day but that rarely happens. Everyone can choose to do what they want but can't do the same activity twice a day, unless it's the one hour activities like cooking class, art, swimming, or archery. Not everything haves to involve horses, some of them can be like normal camp activities. But every Saturday is a relax day, where you can do whatever you want, like if you need help with Barrel Racing, or you can go for a swim, walk around, or ride your horse. Even just relax in your room all day.

Talking about Barrel Racing, it is a rodeo event where a horse and the rider attempt to race around three barrels in a clover-leaf pattern in the fastest time possible. A lot of kids like to try it but they can't do it unless they have more then two years of well known horse experience, there is one guy at are camp who's been Barrel Racing since he was eleven shockingly enough to everyone. His name is Tommy Steves, AKA The Barrel Boy, my dad gave him the nickname as a joke but now everyone calls him that because he's really good at it. When he first came when he was thirteen he did the Barrel Racing and got a shocking time of sixteen point six seconds, a new camp record in Barrel Racing. (My mom's faster but we only count the campers)

He's now seventeen and is here this summer at the camp, he get his horse also he uses every time he comes to our camp, the horse's name is Clip-Clop, she's an amazing large dirty white horse with brown eyes. She got the name because when we got her I was small and everywhere she walked she made this clip-clop sound ( Like all horses do) and me being little I thought it was funny and I started to say 'clip-clop' every time she walked. Tommy always spends his Saturdays training Clip-Clop in the Barrel Racing so he can win this year's competition, like he always does.

I spent this Saturday cleaning up Calamity and when I was done, Western came into the house stable with his hands in his pockets, a grin on his lips. He already heard about how I can keep Calamity calm and wanted to see it for himself but I kept him away for most the week but today I just didn't feel like yelling at him to leave. I only told him that my dad will only let me care of Calamity and nothing else, but he would ask what else my dad told me but I never answered that yet,

"So ya goin' ta tell me what else ya pa said?" Western asked again and I shook my head, petting Calamity's snout. "So could I-" He lifted his hand to pet him also but Calamity jerked his head at him snorting loudly. Western stepped back from him, his eyes wide.

"Not really." I said and he nodded his head.

"So what else did ya pa tell you?" He asked leaning against the closed stable door, I looked over at him from Calamity my eyes narrowed.

"Are you going to keep asking that?" I questioned and I saw him grin again, amusement in his eyes.

"So what ya pa tell ya?" He asked once again and I groaned shaking my head. He chuckled quietly and Calamity snorted turning his head away from him. Honestly I really think Calamity can understand what were talking about, but then again his might be able to to sense the mood in the room. Right now I'm very annoyed at Western.

"Just that I can't ride him, that's pretty much it." I said annoyed and he nodded his head.

"Why's that?" He asked another questioned, I glared at him and he grinned again.