Chapter four- Seriously?

Audrey's POV

I moved quickly through the forest with Sophia close in my arms, I had to make sure I didn't trip over the huge roots in the ground, that would not turn out well if I am holding Sophia. But I doubt it would be a problem for now.

I stopped by a large tree for a moment, I am not sure where we are or where we are heading right now, as long as we get away from here we should be fine, I don't think the leeches have noticed we were gone yet, but I have no idea.

Sophia stirred in my arms, she's been sleeping since I started running, which was I don't know how long ago. But I am sure I made some distance, well I least I hope a made a good enough amount of distance between where ever we started out and where we are now.

A minute later I continued to run, my legs were aching from so much running as a human, on top of that I was trying not to fall asleep, I haven't slept in what felt like so long and it was starting to get to me, but after doing so much patrol those years ago somewhat helped me deal with it.

Several sticks snapped under my feet as I ran across them, I really hope it doesn't some how help let those leeches know we left, I know some leeches have better hearing than us wolves, but we usually have the same hearing range.

"I don't feel good..." Sophia whispered still half asleep, I frowned deeply, she was getting sick? When she got sick she got pretty sick, and she's getting sick in a place where I have no idea where it is and have no way to make her feel better.

"Go back to sleep baby girl, mommy will find a way to make you feel better soon" I said unsurely, this made Sophia whine unhappily and burry her face closer into my shoulder, it's a heart breaking thing when your child is sick and you can't do a thing about it.

What seemed like only two minutes later, I tensed up and stopped dead in my tracks, no. Not now, anytime but now, I don't think they are the same ones. I can smell them, I couldn't smell the other ones for some strange reason.

I carefully moved Sophia from the death grip she had on me and set her on the ground and knelt to her height "Baby, I am going to do something very important, I am very very sorry if it scares you in any way, it is to protect you" I said softly.

Sophia's big brown eyes stared at me confused and still half a sleep "Mommy?" She said, still staring at me, her voice was quite from being woken up and probably getting sick "Are you going bye-bye?" She asked with sadness in her voice and pouted.

I shook my head quickly "Never, I will never leave you." I promised "Do not move unless I tell you, okay?" I instructed, Sophia nodded unsurely, I moved back until I knew I was a safe distance from her and phased. That's when I let the wolf protective instinct take over.

When I was in wolf form, I could smell things better, but not by a whole lot. I also could hear a lot more, I could hear them approaching, and smell them more "Audrey, where the hell are you?" Jake asked, this made me flinch slightly, even after the couple of years, I’m still trying to get used to Jake’s alpha voice.

I stood in a protective position as they got closer "Do you think if I knew that I would still be here?" I asked, trying not to sound angry, I wasn’t angry with him. I was angry at the fact that we always seemed to get pestered by the leeches

Just as I let my mind wander to the things that have been happening, so they could find out, I immediately stopped to focus on the leeches. Soon as they came into my line of vision, what felt like a more dangerous protective feeling than I was used to came over me.

I let out a dark, low and threatening growl, I heard Sophia gasp in fear behind me, I had to ignore it.The male and female leech stopped in front of me, the male stepped back in what I hoped was fear "It’s protecting something" The male commented.