Chapter 4

Natasha walked past Wanda's door on her way to her room. Wanda's door was open and she called out in a loud whisper, "Nat, come here."

"Hey," Natasha said, standing in her doorway.

Wanda motioned for her to come sit on the bed and Natasha got closer.

"So, how was it having Steve on top of you?" Wanda asked, raising her brow.

"Wanda!" she said, playfully smacking her leg. Natasha had never seen this side of Wanda before.

Wanda just laughed. "Well?"

"It wasn't so bad," Natasha said, wistfully.

"It didn't look so bad," Wanda teased. "You two are cute together."

"What? - Are we 12?" Natasha said sarcastically.

"Oh come on, you and Steve would be great together, you should ask him out," Wanda said.

"I'm not asking him out," Natasha said.

"Why not?"

"Because he'd never say yes," Natasha confirmed. "We are friends, I don't want to ruin that."

"Natasha, you like him," Wanda said, looking directly at her. "He likes you too."

"No... he doesn't," Natasha said. "I walked down that path years ago and it led nowhere."

***

"Guys, this is ridiculous," Wanda said, looking at Sam and Bucky. They were sitting in the lounge, talking quietly, later that night.

"Yeah and he's so pissed now," Bucky said.

"So we're going to give up just like that?" Sam asked.

"Oh no, not at all," Wanda smiled. "This is just getting good." She walked to the window to look out. "But you know, they are exhausting. For two confident people, they need so much freaking reassurance."

Clint walked through the room on his way to the kitchen. "What the hell are you guys talking about?" He scrunched up his face. "You all look... intense."

The three looked at him, surprised.

Wanda waved Clint over. "We're talking about Steve and Natasha..."

Clint's face moved into a slow grin. "I gotcha. What? - Are you trying to get them together or something?"

They all nodded.

"It's about time," he said. "So what's the plan?"

They told him the things they had tried.

"Geeze, it's like amatuer hour around here..." he shook his head and stood up. "...Fuck's sake, I'll do it myself," he said under his breath. He got his cell phone out, hit something and held the phone up to his ear as he walked out of the room. "Yeah, Nat, can you meet me in the lobby quickly? I need some help."

Bucky, Sam, and Wanda just watched him walk away. As they could still see him, he hung up and made another call, this time they couldn't hear.

As they sat and tried to figure out what Clint was up to, the power went out. The three of them picked up their phones to light the room.

"Are there any candles around here?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah," Wanda said, getting up to get one out.

The stairwell door opened and they heard Clint's voice before they could see him with his pocket flashlight out. "We're good now."

"What do you mean 'we're good now'?" Sam asked.

"I mean I took care of it," Clint smirked, sitting down and kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

"Oh my goodness," Wanda laughed, slapping her hand over her mouth. "They're in the elevator?!"

Clint smiled and nodded. "We'll just let them marinate for a while."