Chapter 1

ATTENTION: I'm re-writing this book (very slowly).  So far, I've only edited chapter 1. Some of the ages and facts in chapter 1 WILL NOT match up with the rest of the story.  I'm aware that things don't add up, so please don't comment about it. Sorry for any confusion!

Ps. Please- for all that is sacred and holy- DO NOT comment about the starred out words. I'm aware that they are veery annoying. Once again, I'm re-writing the book. Eventually they will disappear, I promise.

Okay, enjoy :)

Chapter 1 Grace’s P.O.V-

            I am ninety percent patient with friends, seventy percent patient with family, seventy-eight percent patient with school, but zero percent patient with long lines.  And this one seemed to stretch on forever.  It's summer yet I can't seem to get away from school.  You need a form for this, you need to get shots for that, you need to go out and buy some of those...

            This all started because I like to run.  So, I went to the high school to hand in my physical and my sports card so I could join the school's cross country team.  Somehow, I ended up next to my neighbor Rachel just when the flow of things dropped cold.

            "Ugh! This line is so long!" she complained. She twisted her shiny black hair through her fingers impatiently. I flipped my own hair out of my face before looking down at her. Her usual brown eyes were dark with annoyance.  "Like are these people mental?" she exclaimed, "how long can it take you to file a couple stupid forms people hand you?"  I didn't answer right away and got a glare because of it.  I didn't mind though, usually try to tune her out when she starts to whine.

            With a sigh, I did my best to play along.  "Yeah, I know!" I complained, "I want to be outside right now doing something." I looked down at her to see if she was even listening, but of course she wasn't. Instead she was texting someone, her fingers moving like lightening across the keyboard.

            She looked back up at me, "We're surrounded by a bunch of idiots." She turned and glared at some chubby kid who was looking over at us.  I gave him a small smile as if to say: no I'm really not with her. Yes, I'm really sorry she's so mean...

            Like I said, I have no patients for long lines and ninety percent patients for friends.  Rachel, however, always seemed to push me into that very slim ten percent.  Even when I didn't comment on what she had to say, she always managed to keep talking.

            "Oh. My. Gosh!" she exaggerated, "look at the freak behind you!" she whispered, while flashing one of her fake smiles at the individual.

            I gave her a look, but casually turned my body to see the person.  I didn't know what to expect, but I my eyes fell upon the tall figure and the strangest feeling swam around my stomach.  He had long, black hair that fell just short of his jaw line and had multiple piercings on both of his ears. If someone were to look at him too quickly, he might be mistaken for a towering silhouette or a muscular statue. 

            But then there were his eyes.  I think a person's hair, face and eyes are among the first the first thing I notice, and I've never seen such an intense shade of green.  Maybe because his clothes were so dark, or because his skin was so tan that they seemed to jump out me.  They were deep, they were angry, and the more I stared into them, the more annoyed they got.

            I knew I should look away, but instead I felt my mouth forming words before I could stop myself.

Blake's P.O.V.

            The most stunning pair of hazel eyes were staring into mine, so I stared back hoping she would stop.  I hated when people looked at me.  I could feel them making assumptions about me within one blink.  Humans were given eyes to see, not to judge.