32. Past

Asha's POV

My eyes widened. What? I met Matthew as a child? No impossible. I looked at the playground, it was the same playground, but additions were added over the years. I turn away, I can't let myself think of him. I know if I think of me, a part of me will want to stay. I look up and see that it's about to get dark already, I huffed and trudged back to the house.

🏡••🏡

I opened the door and the whole house was engulfed by darkness. I sighed and went upstairs to my room. I open my door and see Matthew on my bed. He looked so peaceful. I wouldn't dare to wake him up, so I go downstairs and sat at the couch, I was quiet. Thoughts popped into my mind as I covered my face with my hands, he chose Layla over you, you're not worth it. To be honest, you know you saw it coming, you knew he would choose a girl over you. No one likes a depressed girl. They like confident girls, like Layla. You should just kill yourself. You're just a waste of space anyway. Tears fell down my cheeks, this always still happen. I always cry at night and no one knew. No one will ever know how much I still want to kill myself. It just gets worse everyday. I slowly lay down on the couch, tears still coming out.

You're worthless. You don't deserve to live. You should kill yourself again, it'll be worth it this time. This time, it'll be better than living. Kill yourse-

"Asha?" I hear Matthew's voice, I jump up and look over my shoulder, staring at Matthew as we catch eye contact. I wipe my tears away and look away,

"Yes?"

"Are you fine?" Matthew asks, I close my eyes and tense up, trying my best to not yell out my problems and just start sobbing.

"I'm fine, just tired. I need to go to sleep." I say as loud as I can, trying to make sure my voice doesn't waver, but it does more than once. I hear Matthew coming near me, but I ignore, but all of a sudden he hugs me from behind.

"You know you can trust me right?" Matthew asks, my heart wavers and butterflies in my stomach start to fly. You need to stop this. You can't leave if you tell him how you feel.

"How can I trust you? Tell me. How am I supposed to know if you're just going to leave me like everyone else did. My friends left once they knew, everyone did. How can I fucking trust you Matthew?" I yelled out, trying to focus on all my anger, I try to get out his grip, but he tightens it.

"I'm not like everyone else. I love you, Asha. It's so hard to explain how much I love you because I love you so much. I can't bare to leave you, and if you do, I'll find where you are and make you fall in love with again and again." Matthew says, my heart stops. I blush and look at the ground.

"Why?" I ask him, actually wondering why he would do that.

"Because I love you. Why else would I do that?" Matthew says and hugs me tighter. I sigh,

"I need to go bed, I'm tired." I yawn and slowly break out of his arms, I go upstairs and into my room. I lay down in bed and close my eyes, tired.

🌙••🌙

I wake up by the sunlight in my eyes. I close my eyes and groan, wanting to stay in bed forever and never want to deal with what's outside. I slowly get up and go outside, my eyes wide as I walk into Matthew, who was about to go into my room. "Hey Asha, good morning." Matthew said, and those simple words made my heart flutter.

"Good morning." I say, quietly. I walk out of his way and towards Dakota, "Hey Dakota, can you believe prom is tomorrow?" I asked, faking my excitement.

"Haha, yes, I'm excited to go with you." He says, smiling at me.

"Yeah, me too, but every time I go to a dance, it's boring as fuck." I say, laughing, Dakota laughs with me, nodding.

"Yeah, true, it'll be fun this time, so enjoy it." Dakota patted my head and left. I let out a sigh as I saw him leave. I'm honestly tired of acting. I just want to quit.

"Asha." Matthew's voice makes me turn.

"Yes?" I ask him, wondering what he wants.

"Do you love Dakota?" Matthew asks, I stare into his eyes, making my heart flutter.

"No. He's more like a brother to me. A person I can trust." I say, sighing. What's the point of lying when I'm leaving anyway? I looked at Matthew, he looks relieved. I tilt my head slightly, "Why look so relieved?" I ask him.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Matthew said, I stop myself from saying anything more and hearing some stuff I don't want to hear.

"Hey Matthew." I look over to him, my flashback came back to my head.

"Yes?" He asks, staring at me.

"Did we meet as children?" I ask him, staring at him, I bite my lip, nervous as hell.

"Yeah. I remember, you were lonely, so I came up to you to play." Matthew said, staring at me.

"How do you remember that? We were only five, it's years ago." He says to me, I look at him and shrug.

"It just dawned upon me yesterday at the playground. I was surprised to be honest." I say, staring at Matthew. His eyes were full of hope as he smiles at me.

"I'm glad you remembered. It's why I moved here. I was kinda hoping to see you and your big, goofy grin." Matthew smiles and laughs. I nod my head, smiling.

"I can't believe I forgot, but I have to go. I'll see you later." I say, wanting to get away from him before I enjoy his warm welcome. Matthew's smile falter and turns into a frown, but he slightly smiled and wave.

"Bye Asha. See you later." Matthew says, barely above a whisper. I look down, feeling depressed I have to leave him looking like this. I wave back and went to my room, staying there for hours on end.

🤷🏻‍♀️••🤷🏻‍♀️

Word Count- 1124

Page Count-7

Author's Note

Thank you for reading. I am sorry for not updating more, school is actually more stressful than I thought it would. I'll try to have a chapter at least in two weeks, or maybe even better, one week. Thank you for your patience. I appreciate it. ♥️♥️

              -Angel⚜️