23. Good Old Friend

Matthew's POV

"It all started when I was five. I had loving parents, who loved each other to death. I enjoyed life and had a bright perspective of it. Soon we got new neighbors and one of them was around my age, her name was Mila. She was beautiful, but of course not even as close as you. We became friends instantly and we hung out everyday. We went to the same school, and also hung out during school. Soon Middle School came and it was hectic. My parents were going through a rough time because they just had a miscarriage. Every time I went home, I would see them cry together, hugging. Mila was the one I trusted, she was my last hope of me being happy once again. She was there for me, through the bad times and good times." I sighed, getting ready for one of the worst parts,

"I grew to like her. As in I would like to date her. Mila was my seventh grade crush. Months later, in eighth grade, everyone started bullying me because they thought I was weird for liking Mila. Soon I found out Mila made them bully me. I yelled at her for being idiotic, but she made my life living hell. I grew depressed, but I knew I had to be there for my parents, I was their only child, but my life grew worse. People started beating me up, I always had bruises on my body, new ones and old ones, but I always kept it a secret. I didn't want to worry my mom and dad since they still have not gotten over their miscarriage. Then one day, Mila and her friends went overboard and actually broke my arm. My parents found out and made me change high schools over here so I was safe. They didn't want me to get badly hurt. Ever since that day, I couldn't trust anyone anymore." My heart felt like it was being ripped apart. These memories were too fresh for me.

"I grew more depressed, but I kept it a secret. Then I grew popular and dated Ashley. The bitch who likes to bully others. I thought I could've changed her, so others could have not get even more hurt. Then I met this beautiful girl. She looked innocent and angelic. I found myself admiring her, even if she didn't know. Her name was Asha. Later that night, I was at a party with Ashley, when we got into a fight. I said we were over and went over to you. I was heartbroken when I saw you and grew increasingly worried and quickly took you to the hospital. The rest you know." I said, finally finishing my story.

"I'm sorry, for not trusting you. I love you, so much. I don't know what I'll do without you. I need you, you're the only one I have. Please come back." I sobbed out loud. I love her, no one can change that. No one can ever replace her in my heart. Not even the prettiest girl in the world. I put my hand on hers. I soon heard the door open and saw someone I haven't seen in a while. "Dakota." I said softly, he stared back at me. Dakota was the only friend I had back at my home, but then I had to move away.

"Matthew. Long time no see. You're mom heard about the situation and made me fly over here." He said. I smiled slightly,

"Okay." I said. Dakota came closer towards us.

"Meet my girlfriend, Asha." I said, staring back to her. Asha looked so peaceful.

"She's pretty. Why is she here?" He asked, I sighed, not wanting to say it, but I forced myself to say,

"She jumped off a building. Trying to commit suicide. Now we play the waiting game." I said, staring at my lover's face.

"Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Hey, I'm always here for you, even if you live in a different state." Dakota said, patting my back, I nodded, "Hey, you don't look to good. How long have you been here?"

"Hours in fact. I haven't ate anything or slept, I skipped dinner and breakfast." I answered back, he sighed.

"Get your ass up Matthew, time to go home. You need to eat and sleep properly. Plus you have school tomorrow." He grabbed my arm, but I ignored it, "Matthew, come on, plus I'm going to your school for a while." I decided I needed to take care of myself, just because Asha. I stood up and walked out and to my car. I looked over to Dayton,

"How did you come here?" I asked, he shrugged.

"Bus, tiring, yet worth it I guess." He said, I nodded and sat at the driver's seat, while Dakota sat on the passenger.

🚗••🚗

We soon got to the house and we went inside. We both were silent. I couldn't stop thinking about Asha. Her peaceful face stuck in my mind. Dakota broke the silence, "Nice house. I'll sleep in the guest bedroom." He said, I quickly stopped him. The guest bedroom was Asha's.

"No, you can sleep in the master bedroom. I'll sleep in the guest." I said and walked over to the guest bedroom upstairs before he could protest my plan. I shut the door and locked it. I took a warm shower, letting my muscles relax. Soon I was in Asha's bed. I sniffed her pillows, it smelled like her. I found it comforting and soon fell asleep, peacefully.

🌙••🌙

I woke up, and took a shower and got ready for school. I simply put on a grey sweatshirt and jeans with grey shoes.

 I simply put on a grey sweatshirt and jeans with grey shoes

I walked out and saw Dakota in a button-up shirt and jeans. "Are you seriously going to school with me?" I asked, Dakota nodded.

"Plus I heard there is a new girl over there." Dakota said, I could tell he wanted me to talk to her.

"No, I can't date anyone else. There is a chance Asha might live, I must hold on, till the very end." I said, I know it was cheesy, but still. Dakota only nodded, and we left for school.

📖••📖

Word Count- 1042

Pages- 6

Author's Note

Thank you for reading. Chapters will be up every Monday and Saturday. Again, One Last Chance will only have one update a week because I am busy. Once I become less busy, I will do 2 updates for each book a week. I might be late with some updates because of how busy I am. I will try my best to try not to be late. Again, thank you.

~Angel⚜️